TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
I don't know - I'd assume that depends on the situation - do they know you're there/how do you know not to answer the door?

Do you just never answer your door, never make yourself visible from any windows etc..?

I guess if you live in a flat and/or have a video entry phone then you could maybe sneak a look at the camera first and perhaps if you're a floor or two up they might not be able to ascertain which flat is yours etc..

this is the rub for me, if you do not converse in anyway with these men/women who come to your property then what? you say their policy is to not force entry, it's a bit of a standoff/stalemate situation.

Caporegime
this is the rub for me, if you do not converse in anyway with these men/women who come to your property then what? you say their policy is to not force entry, it's a bit of a standoff/stalemate situation.

Well not particularly, as you can see from the video there isn't much of a standoff they'll attempt to execute the warrant then they'll give up and leave... you'll then likely be taken to court for obstruction, you'll probably lose and you'll get bailiffs coming to collect the resulting fine.

Soldato
Well not particularly, as you can see from the video there isn't much of a standoff they'll attempt to execute the warrant then they'll give up and leave... you'll then likely be taken to court for obstruction, you'll probably lose and you'll get bailiffs coming to collect the resulting fine.

sorry i am not referring to the video, i was meaning if anyone conducted themselves in that manner.
when you say taken to court do you mean arrested and taken there?

Associate
Okay what if you only watch live tv from abroad do you need a license?

Oops should have searched first, yes you need a license if you watch foreign tv

Caporegime
sorry i am not referring to the video, i was meaning if anyone conducted themselves in that manner.

I'm not sure what you're referring to then? In what manner?

when you say taken to court do you mean arrested and taken there?

I guess that could potentially lead to an arrest if you don't turn up and indeed people have of course been sent to jail over TV licensing, but it is more likely to result in a fine and bailiffs as already pointed out.

The main point is it is just a silly thing to do, the guys in the video are stupid people, I'm commenting on it as people have recommended their approach when in reality it will backfire and only make things worse.

There are plenty of youtube clips of these freedom of the land types and it generally backfires for them, they are actually delusional enough to try a lot of this nonsense in court too in front go magistrates and judges which tends to only serve to **** them off.

Soldato
I'm not sure what you're referring to then? In what manner?

I guess that could potentially lead to an arrest if you don't turn up and indeed people have of course been sent to jail over TV licensing, but it is more likely to result in a fine and bailiffs as already pointed out.

The main point is it is just a silly thing to do, the guys in the video are stupid people, I'm commenting on it as people have recommended their approach when in reality it will backfire and only make things worse.

There are plenty of youtube clips of these freedom of the land types and it generally backfires for them, they are actually delusional enough to try a lot of this nonsense in court too in front go magistrates and judges which tends to only serve to **** them off.

in the manner of if you don't do what the stupid people as you say in these YT clips do and do not answer the door and not engage in any dialogue with these men/women..
i agree with you regarding them going to court, as soon as you turn up there you're goose is cooked.

Soldato
in the manner of if you don't do what the stupid people as you say in these YT clips do and do not answer the door and not engage in any dialogue with these men/women..
i agree with you regarding them going to court, as soon as you turn up there you're goose is cooked.
Not always 1000's of people have won. The TV license goons have lost there fair share of cases and pay out around £8000 per year as goodwill payments to people who where in the right. An interesting fact is the type of warrant they tend to use doesn't allow them to access password or secure devices like computer, Ipad or Phone with a lock screen. If they serve you with a warrant granted under section 368 they are not permited to do examination of password protected data storage devices.

In 2016 out of 351 search warrants only 97 where successful for the licensing people. Not found the data for more recent years.

Soldato
Why should people pay the Paedophile defending propaganda arm of the government?

BBC Revenue: £4,954,000,000.00
DWP pays the BBC around £622,000,000 (but remember folks even though the Govt don't pay the BBC money they do pay them. Square that circle)
BBC Worldwide income: £210,000,000 (sales exceed £1,000,000,000)

If the BBC is a joke. Just listen to BBC News at 10. I counted 3 falsehoods in a 30second segment the other evening when at my grandparents. All things easily disproven. They also push a very identitarian narrative and also deliberately discriminate in hiring staff. Why support the **** shower when you can have more of a laugh (and get more truth) from somewhere like InfoWars?

Soldato
Why should people pay the Paedophile defending propaganda arm of the government?

BBC Revenue: £4,954,000,000.00
DWP pays the BBC around £622,000,000 (but remember folks even though the Govt don't pay the BBC money they do pay them. Square that circle)
BBC Worldwide income: £210,000,000 (sales exceed £1,000,000,000)

If the BBC is a joke. Just listen to BBC News at 10. I counted 3 falsehoods in a 30second segment the other evening when at my grandparents. All things easily disproven. They also push a very identitarian narrative and also deliberately discriminate in hiring staff. Why support the **** shower when you can have more of a laugh (and get more truth) from somewhere like InfoWars?

Joke post, right?

Soldato
I find it hard to believe no one watches TV, listens to radio, accesses the BBC websites etc..

Just pay your way, you miserable sods. :)
I find it hard to believe someone can be that old fashioned. We are not being miserable sods, why should we pay for an outdated irrelevant service?

Soldato
I find it hard to believe no one watches TV, listens to radio, accesses the BBC websites etc..

Just pay your way, you miserable sods. :)
It's not a requirement to have a TV license for all the things you listed. I'm not gonna pay for a TV license just because I might occasionally read the news on the BBC News website or listen to the news on a BBC radio station. What nonsense logic are you using here?

I have Netflix and Amazon prime for TV, I don't need broadcast TV.

Soldato
I'm not trying to Troll the thread, I genuinely love the BBC and don't mind paying my license fee. Some of the reasons for not paying are a bit tin hat mental, and other reasons are an honest refusal which I can respect more TBH.

Obviously, now we have Netflix etc the BBC funding model appears dated but it's an absolute essential staple of British culture as far as I'm concerned. I pay a £5.99 sub to The Guardian for similar reasons. I genuinely value the service so I don't mind paying for it even if I do hate EastEnders and believe me, I can't abide that programme. :)

Soldato
I'm not trying to Troll the thread, I genuinely love the BBC and don't mind paying my license fee. Some of the reasons for not paying are a bit tin hat mental, and other reasons are an honest refusal which I can respect more TBH.

Obviously, now we have Netflix etc the BBC funding model appears dated but it's an absolute essential staple of British culture as far as I'm concerned. I pay a £5.99 sub to The Guardian for similar reasons. I genuinely value the service so I don't mind paying for it even if I do hate EastEnders and believe me, I can't abide that programme. :)

If you think Eastenders is bad, try Doctors in the afternoon :eek:

Back
Top Bottom