Twitch TV Streaming

Soldato
You can Stream 720p on 2mb easily.

There are little tips and hits ect that can sort xsplit.

I use, Aero off generally - useing it on for wow as it gives less lag that way. 1280x720 @ 30fps - I do stream at less during FPS games because it can cause lag - But generally 100% 720p.

Also as you can see, I don't use the twitch settings that come inside xsplit - reason why: The London preset doesn't actually use the London servers.

twitchcm.jpg

I got the url in that from Gunrun on twitch twitter and has improved my streams no end.

BTW my stream: www.twitch.tv/peeejayz

Idea of the quality in wow: http://www.twitch.tv/peeejayz/b/300017280

And i'm using VM 100mb down 10mb up.

But i was on 50/5 and streaming 720 before.

This doesn't work for me. I start streaming but my stream never actually starts on www.twitch.tv/scottyyy

What do you put under stream name?

edit: nevermind, got it to work. Remembered I had my old justin.tv unique url in a text file from years ago. It works but it's far far worse than the justin.tv setting in Xsplit. My ping goes up to 140+ in TF2 and I can feel lag when I use the custom rtmp. Switched back to the default profile and my ping didn't go up (30-50) and there was no noticeable lag at all.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I spoke to VM earlier today. Apparently my area needs an upgrade to get 50/5, which is still better that my current 50/1. By that time I will be able to upgrade to 100/10 anyway so that's a bit pointless. I tried the settings that H2F Scott recommended and it seems to work well. Guess I just have to wait until I have more bandwidth available to get the quality I am looking for. Posted my stream below for anyone interested. Thanks for the help guys.

www.twitch.tv/insta6

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom