Two memorable work life lessons?

Soldato
Once was talking to a dude and he was like, yeah so this is an epi-pen, ur gonna sit here and jab me if needed. Brilliant. Thankfully didn't need to.

Worth reading up the instructions for how to use one, it's not that intuitive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another one I'm currently stuck in;

If you ever get offered a role that involves going into a company, to fix a huge gigantic mess: It was probably a culture problem in the first place, it won't ever be solved and you'll be dragged down to the same rubbish level that got them there in the first place.

Yup, typically of board making and nothing todo with your scope of control or remit.

It's good sometimes in that role to be a contractor. You can get the wins for everyone, you can try the board changes but you can not renew and that solves the issue.

Caporegime
Don't try. It doesn't pay off. Just be a lazy, feckless grifter like everyone else.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope I don’t have to witness something like that.

The HR director walked in to witness the office IT manager pleasuring himself. Ok just lightening up the mood slightly.

This leads be to another lesson - don't bother with work relationships, nothing quite as boring as someone continuing to discuss work crap at home, if you need todo some strategic/tactical - pick 30 mins, at the end of the work day.

Now if you're doing 17h days then just know (a) you're a zombie, (b) you're going to sound really interesting and (c) you love the job.

Soldato
It’s not “Blue to the sky, Red to the thigh” anymore?
yeah it is, I'd never heard that before though.

and:
- grab the stem, don't put your thumb on the end
- take the blue cap off
- jab it in the side of the thigh, it works through a single layer of clothing
- hold for 3 seconds, then remove, orange bit will cover the needle when removed
- call 999 after using it regardless, because 20% of the time they get a second reaction

so it's quite a few details you wouldn't know unless someone told you.

Back
Top Bottom