Are we nearly there yet ?

Are we nearly there yet?

Are we nearly there yet?

Associate
OP
Annoyingly I got the .iso for AMD64 pretty quickly by torrents ~400kb/s, then I realised to update I would need the alternate cd.....,ok i thought, so downloaded that nice and quickly too

Tried mounting and installing it which seemed to go ok, then it requests to download, i say no, then it starts downloading anyway! :confused:

So shouldn't have bothered downloading in the first place!!

Soldato
Thankfully Virgin Media have updated their mirror so updates are coming down at full speed.

First impressions are that I'm very pleased with the performance improvements over previous versions of Ubuntu especially noticeable with application loading like with Firefox. I'm not sure if this is thanks to me using ext4 on my root partition but so far happy with it. Hopefully I can also get the Creative X-FI MusicXtreme working as well. :)

Edit: Managed to get the X-Fi working through OSS Linux 2.6 .deb file found at: http://www.opensound.com/

Last edited:
Associate
It removed the non-free graphics driver saying there isn't one available for 9.04.

But

3D effects still work, but are now usable! VLC video doesn't act funny and Firefox scrolls nice and smoothly.

Great :D

Associate
I've been busy developing on my ubuntu install so currently still on hardy heron as intrepid ibex gave all kinds of problems with the tools I needed, so in a couple of weeks I will be upgrading my desktop and laptop to jaunty - I cannot wait!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom