UEFA Champions/Europa League Qualifying Play-Off 15/16/17 August 2017 *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
Massive win despite the best efforts of Lovren and Moreno.

TAA the standout performer again for me despite his brain fart for their goal.

The Can, Gini and Henderson trio in midfield is neither productive nor protective. We badly need a DM before the window shuts and Coutinho to stay/Lallana to get back fit.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Think a draw would have been a fair result based on the balance of play and chances created, so Liverpool should be very happy to be coming away with a win and 2 away goals.

Very good match to watch, look forward to the second leg.

Don
First half patchy, second half much improved until the last 10 minutes. If Moreno's our first choice LB this season then I don't think my heart is going to survive the season. As I said at HT, I don't think Lovren was nearly as bad as some are making out but he and Moreno together are an accident waiting to happen.

TAA is such a talented player and one way or another is going to be a first team player for us for years to come. Really naive from him for their goal though but if you play an 18 year old midfielder at RB he's going to make those kinds of mistakes.

The ref was a bit of a ****. I'm sure we've had this ref before but I can't remember when. Even when he awarded us a free-kick it cost us a chance to go 3-0 up.

Oh well, had you offered me 2-1 before the game I'd have snapped your hand off. They're a handy side and had a great record at home last season - unbeaten if I'm not mistaken.

Don
Coming through the youth teams he was described as being a sitting playmaker. The reality is he's just an incredibly naturally talented player and a great athlete to go along with that - he's could end up playing anywhere but one things certain and that's he's going to be a first team player for years to come. He's not ready to go straight into a holding midfield role though - if worst comes to worst then he could play there but you wouldn't want to rely on him to play there and that would need Clyne fit again.

Associate
Good win last night for the hoops, wouldn't put it past us to get a couple over there next week.

I thought Astana were decent to begin with but clearly not professional enough to deal with the pressure, mostly noticeable when they went a goal down and started kicking everything above grass.

Caporegime
Really good tempo to that first half.

Some great link up play between Klaassen and Rooney. Lookman is running them ragged.

Their fans went off on one for a bit. Really poor.

Back
Top Bottom