UEFA Champions/Europa League Quarter-Final Draw [16th March 2017]

Permabanned
The Real game is most definitely not a sure thing. Juventus have beaten Real over 2 legs multiple times in the last 20 years. I wouldn't be surprised to see Juve beat Real.

Real didn't get a lucky draw, it's one that can go either way - the biggest problem for juve will be the ref and having to beat real with 10 men.

I also wish Juventus throws them out but wishful thinking is one thing, while reality is something completely different.
You guys completely forgot the terrible performance of the Italian defense against Tottenham.
If Juventus repeat that against Ronaldo and the other attacking players, they will see 4 or 5 behind Buffon.

Also, history speaks for itself - Juventus is the biggest loser in the competition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_Cup_and_UEFA_Champions_League_finals

Associate
On paper CSKA are the weakest team Arsenal could have been drawn against, so no huge complaints here.

Wonder how many of our fans will actually travel over there though

Soldato
Really don't think anyone here needs a copy of the champions league winners.

What made real strong was the depth, they had James, Morata, Pepe and Danilo who could come in and all perform exceptionally well (except Danilo who was a bit of a disaster) they have been replaced by young talents who are not trusted. They had the ability to carve out results despite playing terrible football, this year they look tired, frustrated and they lack depth. Let's also not forget the atrocious refereeing vs Bayern.

But as I said, Juve are still a strong team, they shouldn't have gotten past spurs tbh - they were outplayed for long stretches but at the same time, spurs also outplayed and beat real so either you want to include history or not. In a 1 off game, i'd put real as faves - over 2 legs I think Juve can pinch it. Hopefully anyway

What makes this years CL a bit different is that no team is massively above the rest, arguments can be made for any of barca (slight notch above because of Messi) real, city, bayern and pool.

Soldato
CL draw is a bit disappointing, would have liked to have seen Liverpool vs. Barca or something. Our draw is ok, think we'd have to play either Marseille of Leipzig if we got through to the semis then either Lazio or Madrid in the final I'd imagine.

Back
Top Bottom