Man City v Sporting(agg 0-1), 20.05, ESPN and Radio 5 live

The Rest

Hannover 96 v Standard Liege, (agg 2-2), 18.00
PSV v Valencia, (agg 2-4), 18.00, ITV 4
Udinese v AZ 18.00, (agg 0-2), ESPN
Besiktas v Atletico Madrid, (agg 1-3), 20.05
Olympiacos v FC Metalist Kharkiv, (agg 1-0), 20.05
Schalke 04 v FC Twente, (agg 0-1), 20.05, ITV 4

The draws for the quarter-finals and semi-finals of both competitions will take place on Friday 16th March.

Man of Honour
OP
I don't mean to nitpick, but couldn't we hold fire on these threads till the weekend games are done?

They don't seem to have bothered anyone until now. I don't see you nitpicking when the weekend thread is posted before the Thursday games are over so you'll just have to put up with it.

Oh and you're nitpicking because you have no interest in the Champions League. :p

Soldato
They don't seem to have bothered anyone until now. I don't see you nitpicking when the weekend thread is posted before the Thursday games are over so you'll just have to put up with it.

Oh and you're nitpicking because you have no interest in the Champions League. :p

Neither will you after Wednesday. :)

It's something I've wondered for a while, it just happened to be this thread I've posted in as it makes sense to me to wait for one round of games to finish before starting another thread. If everyone is happy with the status quo though then no problem.

Soldato
Tuesday's games will be very interesting given both the underdog teams won their first legs at home.

Wednesday.... Napoli will be too hot for Chelsea, and Madrid will do enough to get through comfortably.

Thursday I'll go for Bilbao given their first leg performance and it being a home game, the City game I'm not sure about.

Man of Honour
Neither will you after Wednesday. :)

It's something I've wondered for a while, it just happened to be this thread I've posted in as it makes sense to me to wait for one round of games to finish before starting another thread. If everyone is happy with the status quo though then no problem.

I don't have an issue with when a thread is made to be honest, does it matter? :p

Soldato
Its come back time for English teams. Arsenal almost did it.

I fear for MU in Spain. I've never seen a team dominate MU as much as Bilbao did. Even when city scored 6 past them at old trafford. De Gea really is starting to show his worth.

Soldato
I think people got a bit carried away with the Bilbao result. We played a midfield of Park, Jones, Giggs and Young. Young is completely unsuited to 4-4-2, Jones is not a midfielder, Park is **** and Giggs can't play as CM in a 2 man midfield. If we go there with a proper midfield three I think we can win comfortably.

Soldato
I think people got a bit carried away with the Bilbao result. We played a midfield of Park, Jones, Giggs and Young. Young is completely unsuited to 4-4-2, Jones is not a midfielder, Park is **** and Giggs can't play as CM in a 2 man midfield. If we go there with a proper midfield three I think we can win comfortably.

The team selection was all wrong but thats no excuse.

Chico is a horrible footballer, he is a poacher and nothing more. He can't do anything else but poach. His movement is good inside the box but out of it he just doesn't have a football brain.

Berbatov needs to be used more. What a waste of world class talent.

We really miss someone like Fletcher. If we don't sign a new creative mid in the summer, we are doomed to go through the same mis match team. Clev seems to be prone to injury which is a shame.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forward to Chelsea/Napoli should be a very interesting tie

As for our game, I dont care about it one little bit tbh. Rest Rooney, rest Nani, rest Carrick, rest Ferdinand, rest Evans play those who need a game and hope for the best;

---------------De Gea ---------------
Rafael---Smalling---Jones---Evra
Young--Cleverley--Giggs---Welbeck
---------------Berbatov
-----------------Hernandez

Subs: Amos, Fabio, Evans, Pogba, Park, Nani, Rooney

EDIT: Oh joy Robert1986 has found his login to ocuk again :o

Soldato
To be fair, both of you spout your fair share of rubbish from time to time.

One of you is in this thread, but let's play the guess which one :D!

Back
Top Bottom