UEFA Champions League/Europa League 13/14/15 March *** Spoilers ***

Man of Honour
Problem is you all love players when they have a good few games then suddenly want them replaced.

I don't think anyone loves our midfield. Carrick for example occasionally has a good game but overall he's poor.

You are skint, you have to make do with what you have.

Not really. We'll inevitably bring in some new midfielders this summer, money is available (unless everyone is lying, of course).

I think it's a case of Fergie putting far too much faith in the current midfield, which just about gets the job done in the Premier League due to other midfields being even worse, but against a confident half decent team they just get taken apart.

Caporegime
LOL that Carrick was worse. Same old same old.

EDIT: Oh and just incase you think same old same old from Tom never criticising Carrick see here that I'm not the only one

Thanks for linking me to some random thread :confused: They also said Pogba was MOTM, immediately making you look a little silly.

You need to stop being so damn confrontational, it's called an opinion I think that Carrick looked completely out of depth and nearly always plays badly against teams that close him down because he can't handle not being given time on the ball.

Permabanned
tbf price paid shouldn't come into whether a player needs replacing. I'm sure there's plenty at Chelsea that feel Torres needs replacing, would you disagree?

Torres does not need replacing (he was never worth £50 million) neither does Carrick, he is a top player, in his prime.

Soldato
Torres does not need replacing (he was never worth £50 million) neither does Carrick, he is a top player, in his prime.

I agree Carrick is a top player :D

Torres though.... not that I care of course because I'm not a Chelsea supporter but I cant see how much longer they can persist with him :/

Last edited:
Soldato
Some of barca's youth get their debut in cl away matches during the group stage. Its a good way to see what they made off.

thats all well and good when you have Messi in the side who can make up the difference for one /two inexperienced people (and also the opposing team also try and mark him closer with a few players, so other Barca players are free)

Barca are so good as a team that they can afford to play with 8 regular outfield players in the group stages and still qualify top - any one else attempts that and they would get humiliated (even against moderate opposition)

Not exactly a fair example

I think it's a case of Fergie putting far too much faith in the current midfield, which just about gets the job done in the Premier League due to other midfields being even worse, but against a confident half decent team they just get taken apart.

Im hoping this is the good thing that came out of the last week or so (even though its been evident for a while in europe), in the last week I hope SAF has finally realised how average most of our midfielders are, and at least attempts to recruit a few up and coming (Spanish?) kids while shipping out Park, etc ,and relying less on Scholes and Giiggs before they get too old to play at this level at all.

Carrick was a great buy to win a few league titles and in the CL for a few years, but its moved on now and got that much harder in general and Utd (and English clubs in general) need to realise this. I like Carrick and he is a great squad player for Utd, Im just not sure how much the team can carry him in Europe if we want to win another CL or two before Fergie retires.

(if MC is needed as a sub to help defend at th end of matches, thats one thing - but when we are chasing goals Im not entirely sure. As stated against English teams, I have no problem with him at all)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There's only 1 team in Europe, 1 team in Europe etc..

Irrespective of the rubbish written about player power/the old guard/not playing for the manager etc that was a great show of desire from a team who's been lacking that for 18 months or so.
We'll probably dissolve again v Benfica or in the semis but at least we're still in it: )

Don
Be careful, the dons on here think they're Judge Dredd and will ban you for that ;)

This place really has gone down hill since a certain Don left. Big Kev really has been missed.

Back
Top Bottom