UEFA Champions League/Europa League 13/14/15 March *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
This, doesn't stop Shami proclaiming all is wrong with Man Utd though :o

The way I see it is that if Bilbao are 7th in their league on a weekly basis they're doing something much different than what we've seen over these two legs. Over these two legs they've been equally as good as Barcelona were against us in 09 and last year at Wembley and Bilbao are obviously no Barcelona.

What makes me laugh though is that you get the usual suspects moaning about the same old thing week after week and yet as I type this City are 3-0 down at home to a team vastly inferior to the team that knocked us out and yet forgive me if I'm wrong are City not the bench mark that all other English club sides should be measured these days?

They're 1 point off 5th and 3 points off 4th, its not like they are a Liverpool 7th and 10 points away from 4th, and taking into account La Liga has Real and Barca, if you compared it to the EPL(sans two truly top teams) they'd be 3 points off 2nd, not 4th.

Also, why exactly should City be the benchmark everyone is compared to here? Because they spent money? Spunking the equivalent of 27mil or so on Milner just means they wasted 17mil more than anyone else would have, not that they have a better team.

In terms of mentality, established team, winners mentality and team continuity Utd have them beaten hands down, even then City should really win the league. Give City a few years to build and become a team that doesn't panic half way through the season, who are used to winning cups and you should have a team that will easily beat Utd to the league, right now, no.

Mentality is way under rated, look at the top 4, City a team not used to being top(nor most of its players), under serious pressure, certain players have crumbled, team is playing significantly worse football, manager making poor team choices. Spurs the same, Spurs aren't used to 3rd, and potentially pushing for 2nd or even the title, they've panicked also, manager making poor team choices, certain players have crumbled, etc, etc.

Arsenal aren't a better team than Spurs, however a lot of their players are used to fighting for a champs league place, for winning bigger games and playing with more expectation and pressure.

Anyway, good comeback by City in the second half, defensively De Jong made a huge difference and he passed forwards more than a lot of the other midfield players. Johnson was useless, Silva was a timid little girl and useless throughout and while Toure can play the DM role okay, the team was missing a driving force and someone to win the game in midfield so pushing him forwards and having De Jong behind him was a FAR better setup.

Silva so far, has been woeful in the majority of their big games, as has Nasri who came on and was absolutely useless himself. There's a reason the biggest clubs wanted neither player.

Caporegime
DM talks a lot of sense in that post :)

The mental aspect of footballers is often over looked, it's a game that at the higher levels is a battle of mental strength, not just footballing prowess.

Sir Alex is a seasoned old battle axe, used to fighting to beat others.

Associate
Perhaps the one positive tonight was Pogba. Not so much his play (although it was fine) but the fact he looked so unfazed by it all and still wanted the ball.
Unless he leaves of course. In which case he was rubbish! :(

Man of Honour
Perhaps the one positive tonight was Pogba. Not so much his play (although it was fine) but the fact he looked so unfazed by it all and still wanted the ball.
Unless he leaves of course. In which case he was rubbish! :(

I thought that too actually, hopefully we'll see more of him.

Back
Top Bottom