UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

Good result for arsenal but really has to be a shallow victory out classed for most of it and awful decisions going your way should have had this tie sorted

They have Messi/Iniesta/Xavi and Villa, that makes it even.

Huge amount of butthurt from non-Arsenal fans in here to be honest. Get behind the English teams and stop moaning please.

God.

I think that just shows how little Barca offer when their better players are having an off night. Messi was so poor throughout, second half all he did was get ball, run forward, lose ball, repeat. Another poor performance against English opposition for him. Iniesta and Xavi for all their pretty little passes in midfield rarely offered anything going forward. Pedro might as well have not been on the pitch, although he should have had a penalty for the foul on him. Valdes is just a **** keeper, always has been. How on earth you can let a goal in from that angle. The defence was terrible as well, second goal they had 4 men back and every one of them was ball watching.

But most baffling is Guardiola, why on earth did he take Villa off for Keita :confused: Villa was the only play that looked like threatening yet he left on the frankly crap on the night Pedro and Messi. After that sub their front line offered absolutely zilch.

Great result for Arsenal obviously, played their heart out, Wilshere was MOTM for me. Kosnielny had a good second half although I think he was lucky not to get sent off when he fouled Pedro, he didn't get the ball and had his arm around the man.

Arsenal were caught napping time after time and were lucky to still only be only one down but what a last 20mins when they started playing with confidence. :D

Good result for arsenal but really has to be a shallow victory out classed for most of it and awful decisions going your way should have had this tie sorted

LOL still posting hilarious crap as usual?? :rolleyes:...we werent that outclassed...sure they strung more passes together, had more possession but what did it amount to exactly??? 1 goal to be precise;)...whereas we scored 2;)....we stood toe to toe with them for much of the match and gave them as good as we got...if anything that should teach them that we are not a team to be taken lightly.

Got nothing to do with butthurt lol

The ref/linesman were awful...

The difference Arsenal missed their chances early on where as Barca took theres and werent given some!
Villa had his,
messi was not offside,
song should have walked for a yellow and 7-8 tackles after,
kos bowled pedro over for a red and a pen
and there was 1-2 handballs in the box as well for good measure.

Rubbish spawn absolute rubbish you missed your earlier chances and barca had theirs not given thats what made the difference in the score at the end of the day

Just to pull you on this Barca may buy the occasional big signing but 7 of their starters were homegrown free players.

Majority of your team is purchased.

But still, well done Arsenal

And? Part of being able to keep them and driving their success is being able to afford to keep their talent.

Their budget is massive compared to ours.

GET THE **** IN! :D :D :D :D:

ARSHAVIN I WANT YOUR LITTLE RUSSIAN MEERKAT BABIES. SIMPLES!!!

Oiiii im first in line:p:D...good prediction Kill...u put any money down on it??.

I know i wasnt positive about our chances, would have been happy with a draw but a win against the almighty Barca....damn thats one hell of a result for us....i imagine its going to have a galvanising effect on the players that we can beat anyone and i mean anyone if we put our heads together.

I dont expect us to beat Barca at home but hell at least we will give it a damn good shot and die trying so to speak...thats all i ask for and if we do get spanked then thats not such a bad thing but i just hope we beat them at home....icing on the cake so to speak:p.

Just to pull you on this Barca may buy the occasional big signing but 7 of their starters were homegrown free players.

Majority of your team is purchased.

But still, well done Arsenal

If you're comparing, then compare on price and performance. How much did they pay for their complete squad and how much did we pay?

Back
Top Bottom