UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

Oh looky here a Citeh fan talking about another team lol....hey come back when you actually get in the CL and can score goals against a lowly Greek side;):p

Yep the ref was poor but thats not our fault is it??...
Not allowed?
Why wait a few month? and we will see next week,
Never said it was? simply saying that the decisions had a big impact on the result.

Stop complaininggg about if and buts, so he headed the ball onto his hand woopdedoo.. what you going to do about it?.. nothing because you cant. Great win by Arsenal, could've been a heavier win in all honesty, barca had 3 meaningful chances and scored 1. arsenal had about 8 and scored 2. Better side on the night won.

Barca will still dick them at the camp nou though.

What a ****ing amazing comeback by Arsenal...truly a magnificent night beating the almighty Barcelona and doing it in style too.

Who was it that was saying we need luck...oh yes Purdy, wonder if hes eating his words lol.

All i can is get in there Arsenal...what an amazing win for us...just proves that Arsenal can compete with the best.

Kos was absolutely monstrous in defence, just hope he does that in the EPL games but what a blinder he played tonight....Wilshere??...just simply sublime tonight and showing what a truly awesome talent he is fast becoming.

Wonder how Messi feels playing for Arsenal tonight:p:D

Well done Arsenal, lovely by Arshavin and he was the one player i wouldn't have money on scoring.

I don't know why you are being bitter towards me, I have claimed i wanted Arsenal to win, it would make the competition better, you got quite a lot of luck tonight and you needed it, i wished Arsenal it in good will, wasn't calling them ****. In response to your earlier question i support Liverpool.

Wilshire was a monster tonight, so so so so so comfortable in possession.
Thought Valdes should have done a lot better, but clinical from RvP, didn't expect that.

Nou camp should be interesting and hope its a 2-1 and Arsenal win on penos with Biscuits missing the final penalty.

Very well done, and as much as Arsene is a whiney ****, kind of feel a bit happy for him as he has been unfortunate for quite a while.

EDIT: Surprised Alves didn't dive at the end, was doing a bit of it earlier in the match just beside Pep.

If you're comparing, then compare on price and performance. How much did they pay for their complete squad and how much did we pay?

Good question. Can anyone on sonething faster than iPhone find out?

starting line ups They only bought abidal, alves, maxwell and villa.

As I say though nit taking anything away from arsenal, rode your luck but deserved your win.

tuxpicom1297893139.jpg

That was quick!

Not allowed?
Why wait a few month? and we will see next week,
Never said it was? simply saying that the decisions had a big impact on the result.

Relax dude im only have a laugh with you...in most if not all football games decisions by refs do have an impact on the result.

Saying that the ref was **** poor though...gave Barca a corner when clearly it wasnt and a few others as well....anyhow unlucky for Barca that the ref was inept...lucky for us that he was inept:p

No he means RIGHT at the end, he tried heading it back to the keeper but instead headed it right onto his arm.

yes i know i saw it....didnt hit his arm at all, it came off his hand. Did his hand move in any way to divert the ball no it didnt. Not a penalty at all...

You know what ball to hand means right?

tuxpicom1297893139.jpg

That was quick!

LOL:D

To be fair Messi wasnt at his best...he showed glimpses with his sublime runs when he was cutting us down the middle but Djourou and Kos held firm which is what we needed or else we would have been spanked badly....luckily for us Messi missed one and had an offside goal disallowed, when clearly it wasnt.

First time ive seen Messi become quite ordinary but i expect he will bag a hattrick at the nou camp...but then the way Kos kept him at bay was amazing, lets hope Kos is up to the task again come the 2nd leg.

Barca in the second half were sooooo god damn casual it was incredible. I was freaking shouting at my LCD for them to waken up.They were also casual at times in the first half but the second half performance was shocking.

Messi won the tie last year - he should have won this tie already.

Arsenal can get a goal in the next leg, it's just a question as to how much Barca will get.

Woz: Free (Home grown)
Clichy: Free (Hg)
Johan Dj: Free (Hg)
Kos: £8.45m
Eboue: Undisclosed
Song: £1m (HG)
Wilshire: Free (HG)
Cesc: Free (Hg)
Nasri: £12.5m
Theo: £5-£12m (Hg)
RvP: £2.75m
Arshavin: Undisclosed (~£15m)
Bender: Free (Hg)

So everyone who played for Arsenal today cost between £52.7m and £59.7m

Valdes: Free (Hg)
Pique: E 11.5m (Hg-ish, they had to buy him back)
Maxwell E 5m
Abidal E 15m
Alves £23-£30m
Iniesta: Free (Hg)
Xavi: Free (Hg)
Busquets: Free (Hg)
Pedro: Free (Hg)
Messi: Free (Hg)
Villa: E 40m
Keita: E14m
Correia: E 9.5-E 13

Barcelona cost E95-E99 plus £23-£30m for Alves at whatever the Euro rate is. So ~E122.5m to E128m

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom