UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

Man of Honour
So whats the general consensus now , that Arsenal have got Barcelona sussed out now and know that all they need to do is attack in numbers and Barcelonas defense will give way and Arsenal will win, or that Barcelona are still the better team and ultimately will beat Arsenal at the NC and win?

Caporegime
I think that Arsenal will need everybody to put in everything if they're to progress. One Barca goal and they're out. Arsenal will need to score first IMO to make away goals void.

Soldato
So whats the general consensus now , that Arsenal have got Barcelona sussed out now and know that all they need to do is attack in numbers and Barcelonas defense will give way and Arsenal will win, or that Barcelona are still the better team and ultimately will beat Arsenal at the NC and win?

Barcelona are good enough to put the tie beyond Arsenal, but Arsenal can cause Barca just as many problems as they're defensively even less responsible than Arsenal (in their own half, they're very good at closing high up the pitch, but once it's past their first line of defence they're under pressure). As said, depends where the early goals go

Soldato
I'm not so sure, Bendtner scored first at their place last time, and that came to nothing. What's more important is how well Messi plays, I think the rest are stoppable with courageous defending, but if Messi has one of his night nobody stops him. I think there will be 3+ goals and if Arsenal score first it just means it'll go to the wire, not that Arsenal will stroll it

Caporegime
Personally i think Arsenal have a great chance of beating Barca at home in the 2nd leg but would i put money on it??...nope, im positive but not that positive lol.

As long as we pressure them hard like we did the other night and our defence stands strong like they did the other night then why shouldnt we beat them??. We have RVP whos on absolute fire at the moment, although he should have had a brace against Barca to be fair...and then theres the truly awesome Wilshere who played so bloody well that rumours are that Barca fans are saying sign him instead of Fabregas:p.

I really do think that Arsenal have a real chance of knocking out Barca in the 2nd leg...although Barca are a good team, one of the best ive ever seen....they must be worried a tad bit about Arsenal.

Soldato
Yep, if Arsenal are clinical themselves they can go through, RvP missed several sitters the other night. I also think Arsenal's keeper is better at 1 on 1's than VV.

Plus I think you're right Spawn, Barca seem to be a little shaken by Arsenal, I'm pretty sure they were expecting an easy win, and they'll have seen how easily Arsenal took them apart defensively at times.

Caporegime
I think Valdes gets a harsh time he's a very good keeper. I'd put him on being the best keeper in Spain so far this season.

Arsenal in the return leg need to get a man of the match performance from everyone. Barca are a force of nature at home and I full expect them to score, so both teams will have to score.

Caporegime
I'm confident that we'll be able to come away with something as long as our squad has a clean bill of health between now and then. If one of our defenders gets injured then it's going to be a massive blow, almost as massive a blow as the blow that Oliver Holt from The Mirror gave to Barca when he wrote in his column "Even when Barcelona lose, they win".

Just lol tbh.

Man of Honour
Plus I think you're right Spawn, Barca seem to be a little shaken by Arsenal, I'm pretty sure they were expecting an easy win, and they'll have seen how easily Arsenal took them apart defensively at times.

Of course the worry there is, if they were expecting an easy win, maybe they were only playing in 2nd gear. Maybe this time, now knowing its not an easy win they will move through the gears and really turn it on.

Soldato
Dunno, despite them telling the press how well they were prepared I still feel they were naive defensively and underestimated how well Arsenal can create chances, especially late in the game, when they're deadly.

Man of Honour
Dunno, despite them telling the press how well they were prepared I still feel they were naive defensively and underestimated how well Arsenal can create chances, especially late in the game, when they're deadly.

But now with that naivety and underestimation gone, will their upped game make a significant difference. If every Arsenal player puts in a man of the match performance are they equal/better/worse than a Barcelona if every Barcelona player puts in a man of the match performance.

Its going to be a very interesting second leg, thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom