UEFA Champions League/Europa League 16/17/18 April *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
Actually feel worse tonight than I have under any point during the Mourinho reign. Not because of Solskjaer, but just because of the last glimmer of hope disappearing that it was Mourinho causing the issue and actually our squad could do ok.

But no, our squad just needs a clear out. Other than De Gea, despite his mistake tonight, there isn’t a single player I’d be sad to see leave any more. Any of them can go and I couldn’t care less. Before, if Martial, Pogba and a couple of others left, I’d have been truly gutted. But they all have the same problem, their attitudes stink. Ability is there but they just don’t want to play, they want the lifestyle and football these days means they don’t even have to earn it any more, after one good contract signing.

I’m just beyond gutted.

I have tickets for the City game but I really can’t get excited about it, I just want a summer window to try and restore some positivity but with no director of football and Woodward at the helm, we’re screwed. Combine that with no CL football by the looks of it and we’re going to struggle to replace the crap we have now

Edit - I forgot Shaw, he may not be world class but he always gives 100% and is one of our better players these days

I disagree. Running in the Europa League will give some of our youth a chance to impress. It's what we really need. Concentrate on the league next season getting a good finish. I feel our team have just put so much effort in that good stint considering how bad we were and are just out of breath now.

Soldato
I can't believe how many people in here are wrong. Messi isn't just better than Ronaldo, he's the best player of all time.

The only people that think he’s better are either Man Utd fans or casuals that watch neither on a regular basis and just point to Portugal fluking the Euros as proof.

Messi staying at Barca his entire career should be applauded. Imagine Messi at City. They’d be unbelievable. He’d have a field day against ‘English’ defences, as he does in Europe. Nah, maybe he’d brick it coming up Sean Dyche’s Brexit FC.

Don
Not intending to take the **** but I wonder how many Utd fans would have still been in favour of Ole getting the permanent job had the decision been taken now rather than last month. The statto's had been saying that Utd's form was unsustainable but their form in the last 2 months has been as poor as it was under Mourinho - even the few games they have won, they've been unconvincing and somewhat fortunate results.

Soldato
I've no idea why they announced him as permanent manager when they did. Why not wait till the summer? I think he'll be done by Xmas. Glad they did though as it stops the talk of Poch going there, not that I thought he ever would.

Man of Honour
Not intending to take the **** but I wonder how many Utd fans would have still been in favour of Ole getting the permanent job had the decision been taken now rather than last month. The statto's had been saying that Utd's form was unsustainable but their form in the last 2 months has been as poor as it was under Mourinho - even the few games they have won, they've been unconvincing and somewhat fortunate results.

This is why it was absolutely bonkers giving him the job when they did. Right off the back of two defeats and poor performances, and clear the honeymoon period was well and truly over.

As above, I’ll be amazed if he’s still in charge by Christmas

Don
I've no idea why they announced him as permanent manager when they did. Why not wait till the summer? I think he'll be done by Xmas. Glad they did though as it stops the talk of Poch going there, not that I thought he ever would.
This is why it was absolutely bonkers giving him the job when they did. Right off the back of two defeats and poor performances, and clear the honeymoon period was well and truly over.

As above, I’ll be amazed if he’s still in charge by Christmas

Tbf I was playing devil's advocate and I don't think the timing of the decision was wrong. It's far too simplistic to say Utd should have waited until the summer to make a decision - had they wanted Poch for example then they'd have had to make their move, privately at least, well before the end of the season. Who knows whether he's going to prove to be a good long term appointment but you have to wonder whether it was just another instance of the Utd board making a short-term, reactive decision or whether they really thought it through and believe he was the best long-term option. And a side point, this could be another lesson to fans and clubs that sack their manager without a proper replacement lined up - as soon as you appoint a club legend as an interim manager you're at risk of being forced into giving him the permanent job even if you don't believe he's the best candidate.

Caporegime

Truth is when you get outplayed by wolves twice, never mind barca you know you have git rock botton.

Caporegime
Wow everyone out for Ole's head already. That run of form we had all our players at good fitness. We have been struggling with injuries ever since the form dipped. Herrera and Matic have been huge misses in the middle of the park. Lingard also hasn't been the same since he come back from injury as has Martial.

Soldato
Tbf I was playing devil's advocate and I don't think the timing of the decision was wrong. It's far too simplistic to say Utd should have waited until the summer to make a decision - had they wanted Poch for example then they'd have had to make their move, privately at least, well before the end of the season. Who knows whether he's going to prove to be a good long term appointment but you have to wonder whether it was just another instance of the Utd board making a short-term, reactive decision or whether they really thought it through and believe he was the best long-term option. And a side point, this could be another lesson to fans and clubs that sack their manager without a proper replacement lined up - as soon as you appoint a club legend as an interim manager you're at risk of being forced into giving him the permanent job even if you don't believe he's the best candidate.

Thing is they didn't need to make that decision when they did, its not like he had better offers coming in. They said the summer so why not stick to that to that? They have put themselves in this position now and raised the pressure on Ole.

Caporegime
Wow everyone out for Ole's head already. That run of form we had all our players at good fitness. We have been struggling with injuries ever since the form dipped. Herrera and Matic have been huge misses in the middle of the park. Lingard also hasn't been the same since he come back from injury as has Martial.

Well playing lingard u front, bailey at rb, young at all, these things are going to get you found out pretty quickly.

Man of Honour
Ole can’t realistically be judged until he’s had at least one major transfer window. The squad needs aggressively gutting.

He’s done very well so far but is still an unknown quantity. Time will tell if it was the right decision.

Don
He done very well initially, the last couple of months have been pretty poor. I just had a quick look and since the start of March you've won just 4 games - Southampton at home, PSG away, Watford at home and West Ham at home. In each of those 4 games you could have very easily not won.
Thing is they didn't need to make that decision when they did, its not like he had better offers coming in. They said the summer so why not stick to that to that? They have put themselves in this position now and raised the pressure on Ole.
It wasn't a question of whether he had other options but the options open to Utd. Unless Utd were to appoint somebody out of work, they'd have had to start the ground work before the summer which meant the decision on Solkjaer had to be made around the time it was made.

Soldato
The only people that think he’s better are either Man Utd fans or casuals that watch neither on a regular basis and just point to Portugal fluking the Euros as proof.

Messi staying at Barca his entire career should be applauded. Imagine Messi at City. They’d be unbelievable. He’d have a field day against ‘English’ defences, as he does in Europe. Nah, maybe he’d brick it coming up Sean Dyche’s Brexit FC.
Not a Utd fan and I watch plenty of football thanks, I just think Ronaldo is better.

Messi has been loyal to barca and its great to see, I think he could have challange himself more and would have been nice to see if he could what he does in different league.

In regards to ole, they could have told ole personally he has the job and not announce it to all, I don't think though that's why Utd are struggling it's simply the players

Defence isn't great, de Gea is having a poor season compared to his usual very very high standard.

Pogba just turns up when he wants and that's it, probably heard about Madrid and can't be bothered

Permabanned
I just dont like Ronaldo, for that reason I would go with Messi. :p

Utd need to get rid of Pogba, far far too inconsistent and when he goes missing(too often), Utd are awful, he is nowhere near consistent enough to be considered the world class player he thinks he is.

Soldato
I think U are all being too harsh on united.

If you look at the teams capabilities man for man, They are performing as expected from them.

There squad is probably the weakest out of the top 6 IMO and Barcelona would have beaten any of the english sides last night

Back
Top Bottom