UEFA Champions League/Europa League 18/19/20 February *** Spoilers ***

Man of Honour
OP
Bayern Munich team: Neuer - Dante, Thiago, Martínez, Mandzukić, Robben, Boateng, Götze, Lahm (K), Alaba, Kroos

Subs: Starke - van Buyten, Rafinha, Pizarro, Müller, Contento, Schweinsteiger

Soldato
4-0 to bayern, they have been outstanding last 2 seasons arsenal played marginally better than us at weekend just gone but this is there true test I mean on arsenal off day we put 5 past em bayern could probably do even more against em

Man of Honour
OP
Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Gnabry, Podolski, Giroud

Caporegime
Be nice to see what Sanogo can bring to the table, he's young but it might be a move which pays off. Giroud has been looking increasingly disinterested lately and I'm sure his head isn't in the right place after those Tweets the other day.

Caporegime
Be nice to see what Sanogo can bring to the table, he's young but it might be a move which pays off. Giroud has been looking increasingly disinterested lately and I'm sure his head isn't in the right place after those Tweets the other day.

Not disinterested, just rubbish and I really dislike the "his head isn't on right" bs. It's football, as with most things a distraction when life is stressful is usually welcomed not a problem.

The thing is simply how Giroud plays, since 2 months after he joined I said what his one strength is and where he's rubbish. Back to goal he's great at playing people through, or I should say good, with the odd great game like Norwich. There is nothing else to his game, in 18 months with us he hasn't shown even once the ability to run at goal, to take on players, to counter attack well(in terms of movement, if he gets on the end of others work in the 6 yard box I wouldn't class that as countering well, when he's involved the move usually breaks down).

Sanogo may/may not be good, but the simple willingness and even marginal ability to run at the defence opens up the rest of the game for others to get involved.

The biggest thing about the Liverpool game was how they dominated for the first 20 mins or so because when the ball went to Sanogo, the rest of the team didn't flood forward in numbers because with Giroud they aren't used to it. After 20 mins Sanogo's running forward pushed the defence back and the players quickly got into following up a longer ball to Sanogo, they were supporting him because they realised there might be something to support. The complete absence of that in the first 20 mins was purely because they were used to playing with Giroud and it's not part of his game.

As the game went on, the more support went with Sanogo the more we looked like winning. I really don't think he had a brilliant game or anything, just a different game, one that pushed their defence back, created space for others and encouraged our midfield/wide players forward.

Soldato
Starting with Sonogo is brave - he did look good against Liverpool at the weekend though, and he gives us something different. Might have caught Bayern off guard. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom