UEFA Champions League/Europa League 18/19/20 February *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
They're a more defensive team and better defensively, yes but Sheffield Utd are better defensively than City and I'd rather be playing Sheffield Utd 1-0 down than City. It's much more likely that Barca will score than Atletico won't concede so I'd rather play Atletico.

I'd much rather play Barca to be honest. At least they play attacking football and leave some gaps for us to exploit. Atletico are just horrible bus parkers. Just the sort of team we struggle against.

We can still go through, but it's going to be difficult.

fez

fez

Caporegime
So Spurs fans, what do you think of Mourinho being in charge so far. Utterly bizarre appointment IMO based on the football Spurs play and the style of manager Mourinho is.

Man of Honour
Looks like Spurs are playing with a man down here.

Yes that's normally Winks.

So Spurs fans, what do you think of Mourinho being in charge so far. Utterly bizarre appointment IMO based on the football Spurs play and the style of manager Mourinho is.

Wasn't happy with the appointment, still not happy with the appointment. Jose is starting to prove that's he's only as good as the size of the cheque book in front of him. He's certainly not the resourceful manager that, maybe, Levy would expect. Personally, I see it as a temporary re-launch for his own career and the appointment is as equally as daft as the George Graham appointment all those years ago. However, with that said, the problem lays at the top.. Levy has to stop thinking he can win titles and trophies on a budget and understand him self just where he wants to take the club.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Wasn't happy with the appointment, still not happy with the appointment. Jose is starting to prove that's he's only as good as the size of the cheque book in front of him. He's certainly not the resourceful manager that, maybe, Levy would expect. Personally, I see it as a temporary re-launch for his own career and the appointment is as equally as daft as the George Graham appointment all those years ago. However, with that said, the problem lays at the top.. Levy has to stop thinking he can win titles and trophies on a budget and understand him self just where he wants to take the club.

I assume that Levy is going to open the chequebook in the summer but thats not his MO. If he wasn't promising that spending though, I doubt Mourinho would have taken the job. Unless of course he thought that he would win things with this squad + 1 or 2 signings.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Thats a shocker of a team. Utter garbage in the middle of the pitch. The potential for Mata, Matic, Pereira and Lingard to lose the ball is staggering. If the opposition don't attack or close us down at all though we should be just fine...

fez

fez

Caporegime
That is a laughable selection.

Ole is clueless.

I think he sniffs the chance of a top4/5 finish in the league and is hoping he can play an understrength side in the EL for the most part until the latter rounds. My money is on us finishing outside fop 5 and not winning the EL but maybe im just being real/pessimistic

Caporegime
I think he sniffs the chance of a top4/5 finish in the league and is hoping he can play an understrength side in the EL for the most part until the latter rounds. My money is on us finishing outside fop 5 and not winning the EL but maybe im just being real/pessimistic

I dunno Spurs are finished now and we still have to play Sheff United at home so on paper it shouldn't be bad. Although I would rather do it the Europa League way.

Back
Top Bottom