UEFA Champions League/Europa League 20/21/22 February *** Spoilers ***

Man of Honour
Are the BT pundits having a laugh? A great result? :confused:

I understand European away games are often difficult and it's important to be solid, but all our games are this boring. Totally disjointed in every area.

Caporegime
Looking purely at the result it's a good result. Sevilla do have a pretty incredible home record.

The problem is the dire performance and sleep inspiring football that went with it.

Caporegime
Are the BT pundits having a laugh? A great result? :confused:

I understand European away games are often difficult and it's important to be solid, but all our games are this boring. Totally disjointed in every area.

A great result is 0-5 like Liverpool got. That's job well done.

0-0 and being humiliated off the pitch by Sevilla is exactly the oposite.

Man of Honour
Looking purely at the result it's a good result. Sevilla do have a pretty incredible home record.

The problem is the dire performance and sleep inspiring football that went with it.

It's hard to call it a great result without an away goal. Sure it's not bad, but one Smalling mistake and then we're left having to score two in the next game.

Soldato
I think we'll get past Sevilla at home but the problem is that I have absolutely no confidence that we'll get any further than that. If we play like we did tonight against any of the bigger European sides we'll get slaughtered. I've backed Mourinho most of the time he's been at United but I'm getting tired of his tactics now. With the players and the formation he chose tonight there was little chance of us scoring from open play. I don't mind counter-attacking football, but with the players he chose he clearly wasn't interested in that tonight and we also weren't going to control possession with that team.

It's also alarming that there's still so much deadwood in the squad. I'm not convinced by any of our CBs beyond Bailly, Young and Valencia both need replacing, and we still lack quality in central midfield. A playmaker like Eriksen would make us a significantly better team. I don't necessarily blame Mourinho for the squad, I think most of his signings have been fine, that's more down to the slapdash transfer policy of Moyes and LvG, but it is scary how much we still have to sort out before we're really set as a squad. For the money we've spent it's alarming comparing our squad with Man City.

Back
Top Bottom