UEFA Champions League/Europa League ** Spoilers ** [23/24/24 October 2018]

Man of Honour
Rio and Scholes both want Mourinho gone, you can tell even though they aren't saying it directly.

We can lose to Juventus any time, it's everything else that's the problem.

As I mentioned at the weekend, things need a review on the 11th November... if things are no better then it's futile to continue like this.

Soldato
actually don't feel as bad about last night as I do about "losing" vs Chelsea at the weekend.

I expected to be completely thrashed by Juve, and while they played us off the park in the first 30 minutes , they didn't really threaten the goal that much considering everything - and even their goal was a little lucky in the ricochet / bounce. 2nd half performance by Utd I think warranted a draw but mehhh Im happy with Utd actually showing some "fight" consistently.....and Im not even referring to the antics on the side lines either.

Mata and young cant take a free kick for toffee, and Mata is still pretty weak in the tackle (so why he is played in a midfield 3 is beyond me, especially with such an immobile Matic).

Admittedly I would have been more annoyed if Valencia had got all three points last night.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
actually don't feel as bad about last night as I do about "losing" vs Chelsea at the weekend.

I expected to be completely thrashed by Juve, and while they played us off the park in the first 30 minutes , they didn't really threaten the goal that much considering everything - and even their goal was a little lucky in the ricochet / bounce. 2nd half performance by Utd I think warranted a draw but mehhh Im happy with Utd actually showing some "fight" consistently.....and Im not even referring to the antics on the side lines either.

Juventus were so comfortable that they completely took their foot off the gas for 60 minutes of the game.

I only watched the 2nd half and it was reasonably equal to be honest. Man Utd didn't create many chances but neither did Juventus apart from that one De gea save.

Juventus were comfortable and took off their best player with 20 minutes left because they knew we were so unlikely to score.

If they had wanted/needed to score again I'm sure they would have done. The number of times they walked through our midfield was ridiculous.

Matic is completely pointless at the moment. He got caught out so many times and I watched him gently trot after Dybala half a dozen times in the first half. God knows how they didn't punish us more.

Young is a dream to play against for any half experienced defender. So laboured in everything he does and can't put in a cross and then if he does get one in the Juventus defenders had to contest with Lukaku...

Lukaku didn't move a muscle inside the box or cause Juventus even a moments concern. How the **** he is picked game after game is beyond me. Utterly utterly awful.

The scoreline doesn't tell you how bloody depressing that whole match was for a United fan. We basically watched a well drilled side with a strong attacking and defensive identity show so little concern for us that they barely broke a sweat. We watched 2 players (Matic and Lukaku) look like players who are playing in a testimonial match after they have been retired for a few years. The best part was that Mourinho didn't even care enough to make any subs. We had a young exciting winger on the bench alongside a player we paid £50m for but no, we stick with the utter dross on the pitch.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Lovely goal from Spurs. Played out from the back and then went down the other end and scored. Bit lucky with the deflection to take it past the keeper but the sequence of play up to that was superb.

Soldato
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Happy with that, glad to see fabinho finally start!

Back
Top Bottom