UEFA Euro 2024 Group C ** spoilers ** (Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, ENGLAND)

Status
Not open for further replies.
England XI: Jordan Pickford, Kyle Walker, John Stones, Marc Guehi, Kieran Trippier, Declan Rice, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Bukayo Saka, Jude Bellingham, Phil Foden, Harry Kane

So TAA does start in CM.
Uninspired, imo. I don't love the lack of players who will run beyond Kane, and would have liked Gordon in. I also think that Trent is getting hung out to dry in the middle of the park - a good side will mark him out the game, which is much harder to do when he's at full back. I'm disappointed Southgate hasn't tried him at left back, where he can move centrally at will, and have Walker tucking in from right back to cover.

Edit: also, Trippier is lucky to be on the plane, let alone starting, after his season. All the nonsense about Trent being unable to defend, when Trippier has been an absolute liability at times

Last edited:
Uninspired, imo. I don't love the lack of players who will run beyond Kane, and would have liked Gordon in. I also think that Trent is getting hung out to dry in the middle of the park - a good side will mark him out the game, which is much harder to do when he's at full back. I'm disappointed Southgate hasn't tried him at left back, where he can move centrally at will, and have Walker tucking in from right back to cover.

Edit: also, Trippier is lucky to be on the plane, let alone starting, after his season. All the nonsense about Trent being unable to defend, when Trippier has been an absolute liability at times.

Agree with this, would much rather see Wharton start in CM than Trent.

As far as attacking midfields go, Saka - Bellingham - Foden has the potential to be devastating.

I think Trent is the big question mark, incredible passing, but not in his natural position... Trippier the only other stand-out weakness I would say.

cant believe people are moaning about this lineup

its what england have needed for years, can really go at teams with this lineup
I think it neutralises our most creative deep player, bungs our most creative forward player on the wing, and leaves us with Kane, Foden and Bellingham in roles where they'll all end up at number 10 getting in each others way.

Trent has to be in the team, anywhere. Best player with the ball at his feet by far and the only one with any creative instinct. Plays in every other international team in the World and we have people wanting Wharton to start instead.:cry:

Trent has to be in the team, anywhere. Best player with the ball at his feet by far and the only one with any creative instinct. Plays in every other international team in the World and we have people wanting Wharton to start instead.:cry:
My presumption was that the desire for Wharton to start was if Trent got played at his proper position of full back. I just think he'll get marked out of it in midfield

My presumption was that the desire for Wharton to start was if Trent got played at his proper position of full back. I just think he'll get marked out of it in midfield
Yes I'd play him RB too to be honest, can wander into mid like he does for Liverpool. England shouldn't be defending too much during group games and to be honest I think Trent gets a hard time about his defending. What he offers far outweighs any defensive problems.

Where’s walker playing?
Bench, offers nothing in these types of games.

Even against a France I'm starting Trent, if we need Trent to unlock Serbia who the hell is unlocking France if Trent doesn't play? Mbappe is toasting everyone at FB anyway, Walker included.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom