UEFA Euro 2024 Group C ** spoilers ** (Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, ENGLAND)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching the player who’s on the breakaway which is always going to happen.
We're playing him, against Mitrovic and Vlahovic, because we're worried about being caught on the break? That basically strikes me as a waste of a position in which we could play one of our best attackers in his best role.

I'm not knocking Walker, I think he's defensively the best full back in the world, but if we need him in any match in this group something has gone wrong

Denmark were good in first half. Second half not so good. Holland played ok but didn't get much chance second half
Yeah during that first half I thought they could win 3 or 4 nil. Seemed like they lost their cohesion / drive after that and the equaliser didn't spur them on either.

We're playing him, against Mitrovic and Vlahovic, because we're worried about being caught on the break? That basically strikes me as a waste of a position in which we could play one of our best attackers in his best role.

I'm not knocking Walker, I think he's defensively the best full back in the world, but if we need him in any match in this group something has gone wrong
In all likelihood Serbia are going to be pinned in their own half. When they get the ball they are going to be break fast and direct.. Time will tell but I wouldn’t have Trent anywhere near the team he’s a liability and our defence is weak enough as it is.

Edit: also, Trippier is lucky to be on the plane, let alone starting, after his season. All the nonsense about Trent being unable to defend, when Trippier has been an absolute liability at times
Absolutely agree, had a pretty poor season for us and I think he’s only there because there is not much else. it’s a shame that Eddie didn’t trust Lewis Hall earlier, as I really think he will be a top left back next season and possibly could have been on the plane had he had more game time this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom