UEFA Euro 2024 Group E ** spoilers ** (Belgium, Slovakia, Romania, Ukraine)

Man of Honour
OP
First ever team knocked out with 4 points, thats brutal for Ukraine.

Makes it even worse that teams with fewer points that finished 3rd are going through too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Agree with what Lineker said on his podcast this format is flawed and doesn’t promote teams trying in the 2nd/3rd round of matches at all.

What incentive did Slovakia and Romania have to try win in the other game when they could see 1-1 would mean Ukraine had to win.

Associate
First ever team knocked out with 4 points, thats brutal for Ukraine.

Makes it even worse that teams with fewer points that finished 3rd are going through too.
Maybe they should do it a bit like the NFL when your division can all go through to wildcard spots/playoffs if you have a better record than another team finishing higher in another Div but worst record

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agree with what Lineker said on his podcast this format is flawed and doesn’t promote teams trying in the 2nd/3rd round of matches at all.

What incentive did Slovakia and Romania have to try win in the other game when they could see 1-1 would mean Ukraine had to win.
If they won they'd have an easier match next round

Soldato
I found the BBC HDR awful the other day when I tried it. Very dull and lifeless

Seemed odd when other HDR stuff has been fine on my TV.
I was watching it on an OLED TV and it looked really good. Though the fact I've just fully calibrated my TV and it's connected to the internet by cable might help somewhat I would still expect it to look far superior to standard TV.

Soldato
I was watching it on an OLED TV and it looked really good. Though the fact I've just fully calibrated my TV and it's connected to the internet by cable might help somewhat I would still expect it to look far superior to standard TV.
I may just have to have a tinker.

It's been fine for everything else but I think I mainly focussed on getting the settings right for my PS5 as that's more important than TV :)

Back
Top Bottom