UEFA Euro 2024 Round of 16 ** spoilers ** [29th June - 2nd July 2024]

Southgate can't win :D
Does not make enough subs - Players he left on score - "LUCKY"
Makes defensive subs - We defend a 2-1 lead - "LUCKY"
After a while, do we not just accept that he does kind of knows what he is doing, and that actually, being able to play badly and win is an asset that MANY teams/managers would love to have...
Winning ugly is still winning.... Long may it continue. Tournament football is all about getting through, however you can.
Being able to win ugly when playing badly is a positive. Only being able to win ugly and playing bad every game is not a positive.

After a while, do we not just accept that he does kind of knows what he is doing, and that actually, being able to play badly and win is an asset that MANY teams/managers would love to have...
Winning ugly is still winning.... Long may it continue. Tournament football is all about getting through, however you can.
We’re facing countries that are with all due respect many many levels below the players were putting out there.

If we faced Spain, Germany etc and played like we have today and prior 3 matches we wouldn’t of made it past any of them.

I agree with your statement in general for what it’s worth but there are times where managers do seem to make it harder on the team.

If enough people and pundits all say same thing has to be something in it to some extent.

I genuinely believe better man management with positions and play style would get far more out of our side than Southgate does

I can assure you he categorically, absolutely, does not know what he's doing. He only has the job because he's a yes man for the FA.

Tactically he's a million miles away from most managers, let alone the top managers.

It's exactly the same no matter the opposition, the luck gonna run out sooner

I understand sometimes you need to grind out results but this isn't the same

"Thats the desire and attitude from the boys" - Harry Kane

So your desire and attitude is to not have a shot on goal until 30 secs from the end? Not sure that desire and attitude will work when we play a good team

This is why I now mute the sound at player interviews after the match - you'd think there would be more oxygen flowing through the brain not less of it.

This is the England way, get the easiest route and play like utter garbage.

But then we scrape to a semi / final and how bad we are is forgotten and Southgate gets a new contract.

Rinse and repeat.

Don’t forget to throw in ‘it’s coming home’ when we think we’re going to win the whole thing, only to come up against an actual football team

We’re facing countries that are with all due respect many many levels below the players were putting out there.

If we faced Spain, Germany etc and played like we have today and prior 3 matches we wouldn’t of made it past any of them.

I agree with your statement in general for what it’s worth but there are times where managers do seem to make it harder on the team.

If enough people and pundits all say same thing has to be something in it to some extent.

I genuinely believe better man management with positions and play style would get far more out of our side than Southgate does
Every single pundit and person I hear complaining has a DIFFERENT IDEA about how to fix the problem...

You make out like its a unified group all saying to do the same thing, IT SIMPLY IS NOT. It's like being in the opposition to government, you just say how badly guy in the top job is doing and say you will do better, with no accountability :D

The players hold responsibility on the pitch. I stand by they every time.

Last edited:
Yes winning is the main thing but we've scraped through against lowly ranked teams.

We were saved by a bit of genius by one player. One player.

It's a team sport that needs a coherent team if you're to have any chance against top teams.

Back
Top Bottom