UEFA Euro 2024 Round of 16 ** spoilers ** [29th June - 2nd July 2024]

Every single pundit and person I hear complaining has a DIFFERENT IDEA about how to fix the problem...

You make out like its a unified group all saying to do the same thing, IT SIMPLY IS NOT. It's like being in the opposition to government, you just say how badly guy in the top job is doing and say you will do better, with no accountability :D

The players hold responsibility on the pitch. I stand by they every time.
Not playing with 3/4 10s would be a start :D

Yes winning is the main thing but we've scraped through against lowly ranked teams.

We were saved by a bit of genius by one player. One player.

It's a team sport that needs a coherent team if you're to have any chance against top teams.
Exactly, and the players make up the team.. They are accountable, the manager relies on them to perform.

The best manager in the world won't win with players who are not performing. Perhaps the "problem" is not the manager?

Found a way to win...

However - 2 shots on target in 120 minutes against the 45th ranked team in the world is pathetic.

Foden looks lost out on the left.
Kane does nothing to help his team.... No runs in behind, no movement.... Yes - he knows where the goals are when he gets a chance but Toney looks move lively in his cameo than Kane did in 105 minutes.

England papering over the cracks once again - Any decent team would have buried them in the 1st half....

2 shots on target in 120 minutes. 2 goals. 100% success rate. Top team :cry::cry::cry:

Honestly don't see how this England team will beat anyone half decent. They can only attack down one side of the pitch and there's never anyone making runs in behind. Instantly go on the defensive if they do manage to nick a goal but aren't disciplined enough to hold a lead for a long time. Utterly woeful when chasing the game with seemingly no tactical flexibility.

The holding back on subs absolutely baffles me. How can you have used only 1/5 subs at >80 minutes when you're chasing the game and haven't had a single shot on target?

Exactly, and the players make up the team.. They are accountable, the manager relies on them to perform.

The best manager in the world won't win with players who are not performing. Perhaps the "problem" is not the manager?
You genuinely believe say Klopp, Arteta or Pep wouldn’t get more out of these players

I think there doing exactly what Southgate wants but it’s causing most to not play near there club level so unless there all some how nose dive form since joining up with Southgate who’s at fault?

The players have to be given the tactics and formation to play to the best of their abilities.

Foden on the left, TAA in midfield, right footed left back - no wonder they've not been playing well.

We have great players who play well week in week out. It's like blaming an F1 car for being at fault for not driving well on a rally track.

Took on players multiple times, showed as an option way more as he stuck to the space and didn't get in other players space.
Saka did all that and managed to play some good crosses and passes which Palmer didn't. I was expecting much more from him considering the hype.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom