**UK FIRST: DELL U2913WM SUPER-WIDE LED MONITOR NOW AVAILABLE!!**

Associate
Hmm ok tempted. I really need a new montior, borrowing one since mine exploded. Can't decide 27" 2560x1440 or this 29" 2560x1080. I only want it for EVE online to get more on the screen lol

Need it back on today only deal with £90 off again :) (yes some people are just never happy)

Associate
I imagine Eve would look very nice on this as long as it supports the ratio ok.

Here's a good video on Youtube from WSGF that gives a good overview of gaming on it.

Associate
Also brought one, for gaming its fantastic although I was concerned about input lag, that was soon put to rest after an hour of gaming, played bf3, aliens colonial marines, BFBC2, and left4dead2 all on ultra/max settings (i5 2500k @4.3Ghz GTX680 stock) and game plays super smooth, had a Hazro a few months ago and have to say gaming in 2560x1080 is fantastic, dont get me wrong 2560x1440 is also nice but it seems to take a lot more horse power to get it to run smooth, just my opinion

Well worth the current price tag

Soldato
I'm also looking for a new monitor either a 27" 2560x1440 or this 29" 2560x1080.
Would like to see this 29" up close first, but it's just a shame it's not a 120Hz model.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure if true, but I read that this gives you less pixel real estate than 1440p. So less stressful on your GPU, but less overall space to play with and not 120hz? I suppose it depends what you intend to use it for. It is interesting though, I'd like to see one running, or at least a focussed review.

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
I've been looking at these as I really want the extra peripheral vision and have been thinking about an eyefinity setup.. think I would rather have a 1440p, though not decided yet, the video above is very interesting though :)

Associate
Old thread but I thought I'd comment. I bought one of these monitors a while back after Custom PC gave it a stellar review and made it their monitor of choice.

I'm a big gamer and the difference it makes in games such as Planetside 2, BF3, Borderlands 2 etc. is amazing. The extra peripheral vision makes gaming far more immersive and I don't need to worry about the bezels of a multi-monitor set up (I still have another monitor in portrait for day to day use).

With a lower pixel count than a 30" it also has the added advantage of not crippling my GTX 670, which is always a bonus.

Build quality is excellent (as is usually the case for Dell monitors); it has a loads of inputs and a USB 3 hub which is handy. All in all recommended, if a little self indulgent.

Man of Honour
Picked one of these up today seeing as it was well under £400 - still need to play around with it a bit but initial impression looks like this panel might have a bit of a trick up its sleeve - with gaming mode and a couple of tweaks its possible to get the input lag down to almost XL2420T levels, pixel stability on fast moves is pretty decent and also seems to work at true 75Hz. While no 120Hz panel its potentially a decent stop gap until 120Hz IPS/1440p.

Haven't played around with it long enough to get a definite feel for it tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom