UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

Nice finisher for the series. Saracen was in the audience, and Jet/Wolf were given mentions too.

That was a near neck-and-neck finish for the ladies Eliminator. The mens was more clear cut though. What I do remember from the original run is that the winner got £5000 and the other finalist got £2000. Sometimes a car (Jeep) was also in the prize pot. Not in this series though. Also, the weekly winners also won flowers and bubbly every week on the regular episodes.

Also, the show was originally intended for 2023 and so was my thread title before it got renamed. Tonight's 2 winners were announced as the series winners of 2024. Did that ending get re-recorded with the original cast to say 2024, or is it fairly easy to audio-swap that bit of the script to 2024 in this day and age? Alternatively, was it intended for 2024 all along?

Nice to have the male winner spoiled by the BBC news front page this morning when I woke up, ******* useless *****. How ****** hard is it to not put a spoiler in the title of a ******* article?

It was spoiler free yesterday.

It’s been 16 hours since it aired…

The story itself on the Beeb wasn't a problem, but I agree that the link title should have been more generic e.g. "Gladiators season winners revealed", and the thumbnail image shouldn't have had the winning contender's kit colour on it (red or blue).

I'll never forgive Eurovision for this. Back in the days when I didn't have a TV, it was still possible to watch it live on Eurovision's YouTube channel. There was one year, 2022 I think, where I missed it live and I went to watch it from the start about an hour after it had finished, so like 1am in the morning. Only for the channel's front page to already reveal which country had won it :mad:

Back
Top Bottom