UK Truck Simulator

Associate
Hi, has anyone managed to get this or any of the European Truck Simulators to run OK on Windows 10 at all? The game is meant to run on Windows XP and I have set it to run in Windows XP compatibility mode and also run as administrator. When I try to run the game, all the opening screens and menus are displayed perfectly but after selecting the starting location the screen then turns cyan and lacks all detail, the game is unplayable. Pressing the key to bring up the map for instance will display the map perfectly but the actual game is a no no. Any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

k3iK5sC.jpg

Last edited:
Drivers thing maybe? Have you looked at Euro Truck Sim 2? :)
No I don't have Euro Truck Sim2, the version I have is the Truckers Double Pack, which is Euro Truck Sim and UK Truck Sim. I have now installed both Sims and both have the same issue. Menu's and the map, notebook etc all appear to be fine Title screen etc, all OK, game screen is the only one that is affected.

It looks like you're running it Windowed mode, so might be worth trying it in Fullscreen mode if you haven't already.

Might be worth posting some screenshots of the game launcher and/or the game.ini file to see whether there's any settings that can be changed.

I'd avoid using the XP Compatibility mode, as it's unlikely to make any difference for 3D Games that use DirectX and the like and may make things worse.

Personally I'd try and get a copy of Euro Truck Sim 2 (ETS2), it's a lot newer, is still actively supported with updates and mods, and is just a newer version of the games you have.

If you keep an eye out for the next Steam sale, it's usually on offer for <£5 and well worth it.

1718717215082.png

It looks like you're running it Windowed mode, so might be worth trying it in Fullscreen mode if you haven't already.

Might be worth posting some screenshots of the game launcher and/or the game.ini file to see whether there's any settings that can be changed.

I'd avoid using the XP Compatibility mode, as it's unlikely to make any difference for 3D Games that use DirectX and the like and may make things worse.

Personally I'd try and get a copy of Euro Truck Sim 2 (ETS2), it's a lot newer, is still actively supported with updates and mods, and is just a newer version of the games you have.

If you keep an eye out for the next Steam sale, it's usually on offer for <£5 and well worth it.

1718717215082.png
Thanks, I'll try and grab some screenshots and post. I have tried running it in all kinds of modes, including full screen in various resolutions, all with the same results. I'll try and locate a copy of ETS2 and give that a whirl. I much prefer to have it on a CD or DVD format than an online download / hosted game. I have issues before with games on Steam where they have managed to lose the activation information, preventing a few games from running.

Quick update, I downloaded a trail version of ETS2 and it does indeed work OK on W10. I now have the DVD on order and should have it in a few days time. I have not as yet got around to testing dgvoodoo2 but I will try that and report back soon as well.
Will the game even be on the disc like you want? I thought it'd just give you a Steam code to redeem?

That's how it was when I bought Skyrim on disc, although mostly just wanted the physical map.

Will the game even be on the disc like you want? I thought it'd just give you a Steam code to redeem?

That's how it was when I bought Skyrim on disc, although mostly just wanted the physical map.
Yes it will on a DVD as its over 5GB in file size. I didn't use that link, I found someone who is selling a second-hand game in its box etc for just £2 plus postage so I can install it on any of my machines.

Update time again, I had the order for the DVD cancelled by the seller as they are away for a while, but I have now got a key coming to allow me to download from Steam, so more on that when it arrives. In the meantime, I have followed the instructions on the dgvoodoo2 and the updated video and not a jot of difference, the game screen is as per original posting. The downloaded demo of ETS2 works OK.

Back
Top Bottom