Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I hope those towns that were overrun do have caches squirrelled away. No way Russia gets to control the whole country, absolutely no chance.

not that I want to see the theory tested but I’m not sure western powers getting involved necessarily means automatic nukes. Assuming they operated solely in Ukraine it’d be a big escalation for Russia to start launching icbms and guaranteeing the annihilation of all their cities for the sake of giving up in Ukrainian territory.

but then if it all boils down to Putin and his own survival, who knows.

Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60685883/page/2

Just can’t believe Biden coming out with such garbage , he’s effectively given Putin the go ahead to do what he likes in Ukraine . I also believe he’s to blame for this given the way he pulled out of Afghanistan.

In addition to this pulling out of the MiG deal makes no sense to me either given the amount of Stinger missiles and anti tank weapons NATO have already supplied.

I don’t know who’s worse , Putin as war mongering dictator or the head of the free world being a gutless pacifist .

Ukraine from what I have seen will fight to the death but having the moral support of the rest of the world is not enough, it’s clear to see Putin is effectively all in here and seeing what happened in Syria he’s probably only on half speed in his occupation- I feel the worst is yet to come and we sit by and do nothing.

No one wants war but sometimes you have to put a mad dog down , sooner or later I feel will have to play Nuclear poker .

Permabanned

Just can’t believe Biden coming out with such garbage , he’s effectively given Putin the go ahead to do what he likes in Ukraine . I also believe he’s to blame for this given the way he pulled out of Afghanistan.

In addition to this pulling out of the MiG deal makes no sense to me either given the amount of Stinger missiles and anti tank weapons NATO have already supplied.

I don’t know who’s worse , Putin as war mongering dictator or the head of the free world being a gutless pacifist .

Ukraine from what I have seen will fight to the death but having the moral support of the rest of the world is not enough, it’s clear to see Putin is effectively all in here and seeing what happened in Syria he’s probably only on half speed in his occupation- I feel the worst is yet to come and we sit by and do nothing.

No one wants war but sometimes you have to put a mad dog down , sooner or later I feel will have to play Nuclear poker .

You sound a tad unhinged to be fair.

Soldato
It's sad that people still don't understand that Putin cares not about the people, this is systemic genocide, he'll be able to control the country because there will be no Ukrainians left to fight

There are 45 million people in Ukraine. To even get close to 'no Ukrainians left to fight', he'd have to implement a death camp system many times more efficient than anything Hitler managed in years.

Caporegime

It's not just the US that has to approve of those MIGs being transferred as it would require Germany's approval as well if they are indeed at one of the US airbases in the country.

The other problem would involve how to get those planes into Ukraine without it being perceived as an attack coming from NATO which would empower Putin's arguments and that is something the US wishes to avoid in terms of the rest of the world's perception of the organisation.

The fact is that the US does not want to be blamed for instigating a nuclear war and will do everything to ensure it's Russia who fires first with the purpose of creating a seething global hatred of the Russian government in the post-war environment.

Soldato
Can't help but think Arab soldiers are going to like the cold

they are gonna get decimated, blown to smithereens.

The best mercenaries the Byzantines had were ukranians, they were so good the Greeks gave them a language and a religion for free as a sign of gesture. heck they were so badass there are still stories still be told in folk songs etc in Greece.

Soldato
There are 45 million people in Ukraine. To even get close to 'no Ukrainians left to fight', he'd have to implement a death camp system many times more efficient than anything Hitler managed in years.

If he kills those willing to fight, the remaining will likely accept subjugation, take their Russian citizenship and accept Russian as the primary language, Putin still has room to turn the dial to 11 on abhorrent mass killing on those with fight left in them

Soldato
It's not just the US that has to approve of those MIGs being transferred as it would require Germany's approval as well if they are indeed at one of the US airbases in the country.

The other problem would involve how to get those planes into Ukraine without it being perceived as an attack coming from NATO which would empower Putin's arguments and that is something the US wishes to avoid in terms of the rest of the world's perception of the organisation.

The fact is that the US does not want to be blamed for instigating a nuclear war and will do everything to ensure it's Russia who fires first with the purpose of creating a seething global hatred of the Russian government in the post-war environment.

Like I said what’s the difference between supplying Migs , Ant-tank weapons or stinger missiles. They were all delivered and originated from NATO countries .Given the reports the NLAWS and Javelins have and will do much more damage to Putins army than the Migs .

Soldato
Yes, and it caused World War II.

You want another? Because that's what's going to happen if your suggestion is followed.

Also Putin is not nearly as clever or powerful as Hitler was.

Hitler wasn't clever, he was an idiot, it's why we didn't take him out as he was doing more damage in power.

nam

nam

Soldato
lets not forget the WMD , this time they are real and you have a madman willing to use it not the false pretense that was used to invade Iraq. So what are we waiting for

Man of Honour

You want another? Because that's what's going to happen if your suggestion is followed.

Hitler mobilised the [eventually] entire country into a war effort, in a day before modern ISR/Satellite capabilities and when propaganda was more effective as well. If Russia mobilised as a country they have lots of man power and vast resources - though probably not the will to fight generally.

German invasion of Poland for instance was 600,000+ troops - Russia just isn't at that level of mobilisation and it skews the power perception.

Capodecina
Soldato
Hitler mobilised the [eventually] entire country into a war effort, in a day before modern ISR/Satellite capabilities and when propaganda was more effective as well. If Russia mobilised as a country they have lots of man power and vast resources - though probably not the will to fight generally.

Thanks for an intelligent response. I wonder how far Putin is to mobilising the country. Apparently only about 65% of Russians support the war.

Soldato

No, I want a NATO leader with a backbone - Biden clearly hasn’t got one ! If you read the article you will see he’s given the green light for Putin to do as he likes inside of the Ukraine . If Syria is anything to go by then Chlorine and Sarin gas’s attacks are tragically on there way but then this will be another red line crossed that no one will do anything about .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom