Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
How are you listening to that?

Not just listening seeing the aircraft activity and reports of movement, etc. you can also check the common frequencies they use on http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/ (You can't really just listen in except when they use voice in the clear on 4372KHz or 8090KHz being the most common ones for Russian bombers but even that not very useful unless you know Russian and the codes they use).

Associate
Try reading one yourself, Stalin signed a non-aggression pact with Germany and would have done nothing to help had Hitler not attacked Russia in operation Barbarossa.
… and became our allies. There you go.
Same war. Not a different war.
Who’s the guy next to Roosevelt and Churchill. Some fellas random uncle.

Soldato
Stalin signed a non-aggression pact with Germany and would have done nothing to help had Hitler not attacked Russia in operation Barbarossa.
A bit off topic, but the only reason Stalin signed a pact with Hitler was because the UK/France refused to sign a pact with him to stand united against Germany, he knew a Nazi invasion of the USSR was coming he was just trying to stall it long enough to build up the Soviet army. It worked as well because Hitler decided to take France first.

Associate
You really have no grasp of the politics of ww2, do you? Literally how close it came afterthought defeat if Germany to the western allies invading Russia.
Grasp of english?
Ubers post above has a more nuanced accurate take on what happened. Doesn’t match the knee jerk posting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm Russian military comms very active tonight - can't tell if anything significant but they've been pretty quiet lately.

EDIT: Sounds like they are activating predetermined orders.

Haven't they been activating predetermined orders the whole war though which is partly why they're in the mess they're in because have had zero ability to be flexible in their orders ?

Soldato
'Latest Defence Intelligence update on the situation in Ukraine - 23 March 2022'

FOkQtQrXIAAGAgJ

https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1506753922224074756

Soldato
Perhaps Remembrance Sunday will have a deeper meaning after seeing what people have had to endure and fight against in your own lifetime?

But also, historically the Russian people gave many, so very many of their lives to supporting us in our fight with Germany, something many seem to conveniently forget. Especially when one in here openly calls them "Slavic peasants", something that grates with me more and more as I consider the sheer unpleasantness of such posts given Russian sacrifices against the nazis.

I never once called them Slavic peasants, at the start of this war I was very sympathetic towards the Russian conscripts, but not any more for what they are doing to civilians, and let's not forget when the Russians 'liberated' Europe from the Nazis they raped millions of woman in these 'liberated' countries and then Stalin murdered millions more in concentration camps, far more than the Nazis did in their concentration camps.

Caporegime
But also, historically the Russian people gave many, so very many of their lives to supporting us in our fight with Germany, something many seem to conveniently forget. Especially when one in here openly calls them "Slavic peasants", something that grates with me more and more as I consider the sheer unpleasantness of such posts given Russian sacrifices against the nazis.

I have huge respect for the Russian sacrifices during WWII, and it grates on me that America gets so much undeserved credit. Russia basically won the war for us and saved Europe by smashing Hitler's Eastern Front. However, this is utterly irrelevant to discussions of Russian culture and the national Russian psyche. I can criticise those aspects while still appreciating what Russia achieved 80 years ago.

BTW, my paternal grandmother was Polish, so if it's any consolation, I have Slavic peasant ancestry myself, and it's something I'm unashamedly proud of. But not all Slavic peasants are created equal. The Russians are a distinctly different breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom