Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Please apply some critical thinking yourself - firstly familiarise yourself with what a platoon is! Why might they surrender... perhaps they were cut off from friendly forces... They're a small unit, a recce platoon, they operate in advance of larger formations. This isn't too hard to follow why they might be captured.

Some reports that they're feeling a bit disillusioned, I'd perhaps take these with a pinch of salt though it's worth remembering that back in Soviet times it wasn't uncommon for Russian troops from say the far East being sent to Hungary or (then) Czechoslovakia would be shocked to find that they weren't welcomed as fellow comrades/liberators upon arrival:

I get the feeling a lot of these troops weren't under the impression they'd be actually going into Ukraine any time soon.

Soldato
Erm Turkey has the largest amount of personal committed to Nato from the European continent countries, you don't want their membership reviewed especially now.

It's very important to be clear on the source information is coming from, you can't just quickly jump to conclusions.
Turkey is a member of NATO.

On looking at the news feeds I can see you're both right about Turkey. I withdraw my opinion on them.

Soldato
Difficult when Russia control the lights and the heating in Germany, really harsh sanctions on Russia are going to prove difficult to sustain for most of Europe if Russia is willing to play games with energy supplies.

It's shameful they're not willing to pay the price for freedom and being on the right side of history while expecting Ukraine to solely shoulder the cost

Caporegime
I get the feeling a lot of these troops weren't under the impression they'd be actually going into Ukraine any time soon.

Given Putin seemingly recording multiple messages on the same day I bet no one other than a select few have any idea what may or may not be happening.

Never mind those peasants on the front line.

Soldato
On the subject of mysterious symbols, what were those 'Z' markings that appeared on the Russian tanks etc for - assumption was it was the invading force - has it been confirmed yet? Closure is always nice following speculation

Yes it seems they were sector markings, it also appears these markings will be for logistics because as I heard somebody say, it's cheaper to use a spray can than GPS so I imagine in phase 2 we will see newly marked vehicles

Caporegime
Scholz has already canned off Nordstream 2.

Not clear he has, he's stopped approval of it or something, that could simply mean it's been delayed for a bit and will come online a bit later on. Putin has already assumed sanctions will happen but is reliant on reluctance within the EU to apply them too strongly and sure enough, Germany is hesitant... just as they've been hesitant about providing aid to Ukraine to try and deter an invasion and/or make one more costly for Russia.

Associate
Seeing at least 3 USAF air refuelling tankers up near the border of Ukraine. Not sure if they’re providing support to the Ukraine airforce or if there’s other USAF jets in that region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom