Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Russia will be desperate to take airfields. Their armour will be sitting ducks without air cover the further in land they go. Fighters can only do so many sorties.
They will also only have so many cruise missiles, those things are expensive and once depleted you've got nothing to fall back on. It's why the US was investing so much alternatives for a fraction of the cost per round.

Soldato
The window of opportunity for getting fresh weapons into Ukraine must be pretty narrow now. Once Russia have full control of the border then they will just suffocate Ukraine. I do hope Ukraine has a big stash already.

Soldato
Its one of the things that I find fascinating about it. With the internet and twitter and so on, sometimes things are reported before militaries even know. Makes you wonder how differently some of the operations of WW2 might have been if it had been the same

?

In a real war, Ukraine's internet access would have been completely severed. Even satellites servering internet overhead would have been destroyed, meaing a complete communication blackout.

Soldato
Maybe not in the open, but I'd hope that our black ops/spooks inside Russia/Ukraine are doing their thing.
You hope that we are going to send a handful of soldiers to fight against an army with 0 air support or support of any kind?

I think someone has played too much CoD, because that sounds like a suicide mission

Soldato
Russia will be desperate to take airfields. Their armour will be sitting ducks without air cover the further in land they go. Fighters can only do so many sorties.
They will also only have so many cruise missiles, those things are expensive and once depleted you've got nothing to fall back on. It's why the US was investing so much alternatives for a fraction of the cost per round.

Did you not see all the BMPs/BTRs with ZU-23 mounts and SAM launchers fitted driving around? Wouldn’t keep AH-64s or A-10s off their back for long, but might be effective against what ground attack air assets Ukrainian forces might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom