Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
A lot of Ukranian hardware has been destroyed though. How many tanks do they have left, IFVs or artillery for example.

The stuff we are largely giving is more for guerrilla warfare.

Winning the war is out of the question now. Some planes won't change that.

At a guess I'd say maybe not as much as we'd think? They seem to be using small teams to ambush and then disappear. I reckon the intelligence they're getting is so good they know when to commit armour and when not to.
Sound like they have their heavy stuff dug in where needed and then pull it out when the positions are discovered - usually after they've repelled an attack. Suppose Russians getting wise and starting to level anything that might be hiding armour now. I guess attrition will be kicking in too. It's the Russian artillery that's the main concern I'd guess and not their tanks.

I also don't think this is a war Russia can win. They may eventually crack Kyiv at huge cost and hope that topples opposition everywhere but most of the west of the country is relatively untouched and will have loads of supplies coming in. They may be even harder to take. Kharkiv is right on the Russian border and it's still holding, just.

Soldato

Banned alcohol. That is serious. Some won't be happy. A little tipple might have been all they have for comfort.

On another note. Surely Ukraine has more anti-tank weaponary than they can use by now. I count around 10,000 units pledged over the past day or two not including all those previously sent. I would expect they need more and better anti-air capabilities.

Soldato
There's speculation that he's immunocompromised from organ transplants. There's so much disinformation kicking about that it could be nonsense, but it would explain why he's keeping so far away from everyone.

Can't be less human that Patel. I thought someone had shown her the christian cross with the teeth baring, perhaps some garlic..

Also a fair degree of assassination paranoia.

Don
Now this is some incentive!

If Russian soldiers surrender they'll get an amnesty and 5 million rubles.

5 million Rubles, that's something like £30k. I wonder what £25k would buy you in Russia? Can you buy a decent BMW for £18k? I guess there would be loads of things £10k would buy you. I mean, £6k is way more than a month's wages for a Russian soldier. £3k would go a long way towards a deposit on a flat, or maybe they could use the £1k to buy a new iPhone? Or maybe the £500 would be better spent on a CPU upgrade for their computer. Although, if they used all of the £200 then they could nearly buy an Oculus Quest.

Man of Honour
These seem like odd munitions. Anti personnel?

Could be indiscriminate firing of an AGS-30 or similar though the proceeding noise sounds more like some kind of canister discharged munitions.

From the dispersal I'd guess that was an automatic grenade launcher fired from around 700-1000m or so away.

Claims on Twitter it is Smerch with cluster munitions.

Last edited:
Soldato
A lot of Ukranian hardware has been destroyed though. How many tanks do they have left, IFVs or artillery for example.

The stuff we are largely giving is more for guerrilla warfare.

Winning the war is out of the question now. Some planes won't change that.
That was always going to be the case, in open Warfare Ukrainian forces would always lose against Russia and it’s overwhelming numbers, which is why they have and will concentrate more and more on hit and run tactics and drawing them into city’s where their armour and AirPower will be less effective

Associate

Banned alcohol. That is serious. Some won't be happy. A little tipple might have been all they have for comfort.

On another note. Surely Ukraine has more anti-tank weaponary than they can use by now. I count around 10,000 units pledged over the past day or two not including all those previously sent. I would expect they need more and better anti-air capabilities.

Being reserved for cocktails of the Molotov variety? Or maybe for antiseptic, disinfectant or other medicinal uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom