Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
things are getting way out of hand i understand Ukrainians' blocking Russian vehicles but with them now firing warning shots we could see a lot civilians being shot including kids, it got to a point that putin will just order units to shoot anyone blocking them.

Associate
The UK was among the first together with the US
Worth reminding that UK was also first on the bandwagon who overthrew the previous (democratically elected, less corrupted, not killing civilians) ukraine government, starting the current s-itshow.

Capodecina
Soldato
things are getting way out of hand i understand Ukrainians' blocking Russian vehicles but with them now firing warning shots we could see a lot civilians being shot including kids, it got to a point that putin will just order units to shoot anyone blocking them.

Oh, anyone is fair game now. They don't care.

Caporegime
But you said you thought he was trying to bait NATO.

I don't think he is. I imagine he very much doesn't want NATO to get involved.

I should probably phrase it as I think he will be happy to bait nato if he feels he is losing. So I'll retract him literally trying to bait nato.

I guess we really don't know. He probably is in unplanned territory with what he will do next also. That's how it feels

I guess I'm expecting something new in escalation within Ukraine that will have the side effect of baiting nato.

Soldato
It's truly unbelievable that no one in Russia can step in or are willing to step in as a collective and just end this from the inside.

They have so much to lose. At a selfish level it makes total sense. These are rich smart people. Unbelievable

What the West are clearly wanting to happen with sanctions but unless we immediately stop the demand of gas and oil it’s going to take to long to do .

Like I’ve said , NATO have to decide where the Red line is and what they do when Putin crosses it . That line could be crossed very soon ..

NATO forces are now reinforcing eastern borders - this really is not looking good .

Associate
BREAKING: UK says it becomes first country to pass law banning all Russian ships from entering its ports

The stakes keep rising, anyone else have the feeling this is not going to end well. It feels like we are truly at war

Soldato
I don't understand why the Ukrainian Artillery haven't smashed it, it's like 40 miles long, that's a huge and easy target for such a bombardment.

Maybe they don't have any left? I can't think of any other reason.

Arty range isn't that great and once firing starts counter battery is a problem, the days of park and bark artillery are limited.

Man of Honour
Bait them in, block the front off, block the back off and then the entire convoy is one huge long sitting duck. Hundreds/thousands of vehicles with practically no escape.

The tactic of the German tank commander Michael Wittman from WW2, remarkable that its still such a well taught tactic 80 years later. Just goes to show that no matter the hardware or tech, some battlefield tactics stand the test of time.

Capodecina
Soldato
BREAKING: UK says it becomes first country to pass law banning all Russian ships from entering its ports

The stakes keep rising, anyone else have the feeling this is not going to end well. It feels like we are truly at war

With these sanctions rising it's war of every sort apart from militarily.

That will be the very last thing, but so many of these other roads lead to it. Bad times ahead at this rate.

Caporegime
What the West are clearly wanting to happen with sanctions but unless we immediately stop the demand of gas and oil it’s going to take to long to do .

Like I’ve said , NATO have to decide where the Red line is and what they do when Putin crosses it . That line could be crossed very soon ..

NATO forces are now reinforcing eastern borders - this really is not looking good .

I'm guessing they have a red line. I expect all options have been explored. After all. They need to react instantly to a whole range of scenarios.

The most difficult being anything internal to Ukraine that is considered to be the ultimate of war crimes.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its still a long way off the main city, could also be a tactical move, have you seen the road theyre traveling on? Bait them in, block the front off, block the back off and then the entire convoy is one huge long sitting duck. Hundreds/thousands of vehicles with practically no escape.

The more I think about it the stupider the Russians seem to be pouring so many assets down 1 road.

Could well be empty trucks or full of latest tech....and the roofs pulled back A team style.

Soldato
Ukraine is lucky its not a non white country
Slavic people in general are way, way more racist than what we are here in Britain.

In other news, my mother-in-law in Latvia went into her local Maxima supermarket (like our Tesco's/Asda etc) and took some Griķi (buckwheat) to the check out but the lady at the check confiscated it and said that because it was produced in Russia she couldn't have it as they had stopped selling anything that was Russian produced.

The alcohol shelf was pretty bare to the chagrin of quite a few! :cry:

Caporegime
The next country that used to be in the USSR

Absolutely. I dont think theres any reason to expect Putin would stop and not keep creeping into Europe. There was no valid reason to invade Ukraine, morally he is corrupt and no amount of civilians casualties or opposition back home seems to be an issue.

We've been here before with Hitler.

Caporegime
Worth reminding that UK was also first on the bandwagon who overthrew the previous (democratically elected, less corrupted, not killing civilians) ukraine government, starting the current s-itshow.

Political and cultural influence =/= a brutal military invasion

Russia and Putin are just terminally jealous that they lost the cultural and political battle over the former Soviet States and that western democracy won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom