Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
There is no way Putin saw this happening. I am sure he accounted for some sanctions but no doubt assumed Europe's reliance on gas would not interfere with his plans. Instead he's basically pushed the world into fast tracking energy dependency away from Russia.

I really hope EU/NATO can rally around and support each other to overcome some of these difficulties - it is one of the ways we can show strength against tyranny.

Man of Honour
Biden's speech for State of Union starts soon, no doubt he will speak a lot about the Ukraine situation as what he says will either cement his polling numbers or drop them further. Expecting some big things from this event as he cannot afford to miss the opportunity.

Associate
Calm yourself dear, we can't let in unlimited numbers as we don't have unlimited free housing. It's just practicalities.
True mate why do you think we have to put asylum seekers in hotels the average Afghan family is about eight to ten go to any council and say have you got an house for me and my eight kids most councils will struggle.

Associate
We can't, we don't have tens of thousands of homes to put these people. Also, if these people were to be housed for free or very low council rents then everyone would want the same deal.

The immediate concern for refugees should be to get them to safety in a neighbouring country. We are providing aid to these places. There then needs to be some organisation of sharing the refugees out across Europe and not a disproportionate number choosing the UK.
Most will want to go to Germany they usually do and no one will want to go to Romania or Hungary i can't see many going home either with the state that Ukraine will be in once the Russians have finished.

Caporegime
Just read that it's being reported that Kherson has been taken fully :(.

I wonder if Ukraine have the resources left to launch any sort of counter attack? As that city appears to be quite a big strategic objective.

I think they've got bigger issues in the south sadly tbh... Russia no doubt wants to push through and grab Odessa.

Associate
On Russian performance in the air:

I think part of that is simply they don't have as many serviceable combat planes as some make out and are trying to avoid committing assets to Ukraine which they might need elsewhere or for a theoretical defence of Russia itself.
Might be worried about losing them with all the stingers the Ukrainians have.

Soldato
This. Its an absolute disgrace how xenophobic this country has become.

Look how racists these other people are!

Half of bloody London has just become fair game lmao. 240k houses just empty and we cant take people in? lol

Look this group have become 'fair game' (and I will laugh to myslef about thinking about this whilst i'm at it) for my cronies and I to violate their rights in a way totally against the law of the UK based on their nationality!

Permabanned
Look how racists these other people are!

Look this group have become 'fair game' (and ill laugh about thinking this whilst i'm at it) for my cronies to violate their rights in a way totally against the law of the UK based on their nationality!
there many uk natives waiting for homes.

Soldato
On Russian performance in the air:

I think part of that is simply they don't have as many serviceable combat planes as some make out and are trying to avoid committing assets to Ukraine which they might need elsewhere or for a theoretical defence of Russia itself.

Times are tough, they either can't get parts to service them or don't have resources to build them

The funny thing is USA can put 10 jets in the air for demonstration and you know they've hundreds more sitting on an aircraft carrier, seems russian puts up 10 planes and that's the whole inventory

Associate
Times are tough, they either can't get parts to service them or don't have resources to build them

The funny thing is USA can put 10 jets in the air for demonstration and you know they've hundreds more sitting on an aircraft carrier, seems russian puts up 10 planes and that's the whole inventory
They put out their newest stuff for their military displays on Red Square or on Russian media but the vast majority of their kit is old their army is poorly trained and just like world war 2 they rely on loads of Artillery to flatten targets.

Permabanned
They taped a looter.

FMxpfoBXoAQpjzL

Soldato
It's OK the poster I was quoting suggests we can just appropriate any properties we want based on the nationality of the owners because they are 'fair game'
When the asset has been bought with stolen/dirty money it can be seized. We do it all the time to drug barons.

Man of Honour
Sounds like things are pretty desperate in Kharkiv - Russians seem to be pushing a lot more forces, and more experienced ones, at it now.

Soldato
There is so much propaganda being cited as truth all over the internet.

I know people here are doing their best, but when posting "facts", can you please try to post sources so others can do their own research.

Cheers all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom