Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Some news on the FSB (Russian internal intelligence agency/security service) arrests (their foreign service was raided recently - the bit that deals with former soviet countries). It seems they were given a bunch of cash to run a load of assets within the Ukrainian government/military and… they pocketed a bunch of it. TBF they’ve probably also just annoyed Putin in general by giving him bad/overly optimistic intelligence re this invasion and the chances of success:

Soldato
This is kind of sad to see (well not if you're Ukrainian), Russia are sending their tanks in not with defective/expired armour but with straight up missing armour, the side bags have the cardboard inserts that holds the ERA in place but no ERA.

Man of Honour
Dont take too much from that Akrotiri is one of the few places its licensed to fly from, probably just trials/training.

Few years back, despite they aren't "supposed" to I saw one fly over the town I was living in at the time - was kind of weird to see.

Soldato
Apparently when the Kremlin announced they had achieved air superiority nobody thought to actually tell the ground forces it was just propaganda, as a result their losses have been greatly exasperated due to operating under the assumption they were protected from air attacks. "superpower" xD

Soldato
Few years back, despite they aren't "supposed" to I saw one fly over the town I was living in at the time - was kind of weird to see.
Yeah, bare in mind the Hermes 450 was very similar in design/build and was effectively the basis for what Watchkeeper it, more than likely what you saw, though watchkeeper did very briefly fly from UK mainland soil.
Few years back now but I remember seeing an H450 flying a bit east of Warcop ranges over the Yorkshire Dales (Stainmore/Tan Hill area), it was a bit surprising to see it, didnt think it was licensed to fly in UK but that shape and flying lawnmower sound were unmistakable.

Soldato
Mark Felton put out an interesting video on Putin yesterday detailing his life from childhood to when he was a KGB officer. It turns out there is a connection between Putin and Stalin as one of Putin's grandfather's was Stalin's cook.

Soldato
Mark Felton put out an interesting video on Putin yesterday detailing his life from childhood to when he was a KGB officer. It turns out there is a connection between Putin and Stalin as one of Putin's grandfather's was Stalin's cook.
Seems a bit tenuous, I mean if I look look far enough back I could probably find a link to William Wallace, dosnt mean I'm going to start an uprising and send raiding parties to ransack Northern England...

Associate

watched it earlier, the Stalin link was just a footnote, the interesting part was his career progress and the roles he played in destabilizing the west through his roles in east Germany.

Associate
There is a denial from Russia that they are asking for weopons and aid, maybe because China refused.

Tbh I don't think China would provide it anyway, main reason being Ukrain is a friend of China, they are close trading partners and China are very much against this war.

If they do help then Ukrain would very much hold that against them and ruin and future goodwill going forward. I would like to think they will stay neutral.

They may reach out to iran, who would play ball, not sure what they could provide although they will have a sh****t load of weapons Russia has already given them so they could give it back.

Man of Honour
Wow, big losses to Russia today then? 200 tanks captured by Ukraine and another 200 blown up.

Assuming all numbers are accurate...

Not accurate according to fairly reliable sources - they did hit a command post and about 13 armoured vehicles not 200 odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom