• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£££ UK's CHEAPEST 1080TI & ITS A GOOD ONE, ALL BLACK, OVERCLOCKED, TRIPLE FAN & 3YR WARRANTY !!

Associate
Installed mine this lunchtime and ran a few benchmarks before getting back to work - much improvement from the RX480 I had before but I'm clearly CPU limited now @1080p

New monitor ordered to deliver tomorrow..... 2700x on the wishlist......

Associate
Ok, new PSU still coil whine and weird thing now my 980 Ti has cool whine now. Think I will just keep it and use headphones as thatst what I always use and I don't hear it, it's frustrating as two GPU doing the same thing

Associate
Ok, new PSU still coil whine and weird thing now my 980 Ti has cool whine now. Think I will just keep it and use headphones as thatst what I always use and I don't hear it, it's frustrating as two GPU doing the same thing
Maybe worth sending back for a different PSU, you have nothing to lose if they are both whining now.
I am in Epsom, you would be welcome to plug it into my PSU if you want, SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 750W.

Associate
If you're playing at high FPS, all the cards I've had have coil whine at high FPS. It also depends on the game you're playing as well.

Associate
If you're playing at high FPS, all the cards I've had have coil whine at high FPS. It also depends on the game you're playing as well.
300 fps in ow on a 1080ti no coil whine. In fact no coil whine in any game from the aorus 1080 ti i've got.
Same scenario using the same mobo, cpu, psu combo but with an armor 1070 and the thing has whine which varies depending on what i'm doing with it. :confused:

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP

This is why now the drivers and games you can CAP the FPS because if it is like doing 300FPS plus there will always be some audible coil whine, I would typically just limit the FPS to the refresh rate of the monitor.

Associate
So after futher testing seems like high framerates aid the coil whine if i restrict turn on vsync then that lowers coil whine

Associate
300 fps in ow on a 1080ti no coil whine. In fact no coil whine in any game from the aorus 1080 ti i've got.
Same scenario using the same mobo, cpu, psu combo but with an armor 1070 and the thing has whine which varies depending on what i'm doing with it. :confused:
Well anything over 60 FPS i get coil whine, i have a 144 hz Gsync monitor so dont know what to do now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Avoid vsync for gaming IMO, better to limit the FPS via RTSS.
Yep. In most games I cap mine to 57fps with G-Sync enabled, super smooth tear-free gaming :D

Only games I leave it at 60fps are games that need 60fps for it to work properly like some fighting games.

Associate
When I booted Witcher 3 for the first time with my Palit 1080 Ti I had horrific coil whine, then I noticed the FPS was (probably misreporting) at 3000 odd! Limiting it to 144 I still get some (and always some beyond about 70fpa) but it's minor and as I game with my headset not an issue.

Associate
I just had one of the most interesting DPD Saturday delivery experience. Ordered the Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming Black OC and scheduled it for delivery today.
Did not get a message with an one-hour delivery window and tracker did not show as being out for delivery.
I was about to submit a customer support thread at 12:30 and suddenly BOOM, doorbell rang - driver was at the door handing me the package and didn't even ask for a signature.
I guess I should just consider myself... lucky? At least the package was not delivered to the wrong address. :p

Associate
I just had one of the most interesting DPD Saturday delivery experience. Ordered the Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming Black OC and scheduled it for delivery today.
Did not get a message with an one-hour delivery window and tracker did not show as being out for delivery.
I was about to submit a customer support thread at 12:30 and suddenly BOOM, doorbell rang - driver was at the door handing me the package and didn't even ask for a signature.
I guess I should just consider myself... lucky? At least the package was not delivered to the wrong address. :p
I find the best way to encourage a delivery driver to show up is to do the following.

1. Be the only one in the house.
2. Be very keen to not miss the delivery
3. Spend hours waiting
4. Visit the bathroom

Viola. Doorbell rings.

Associate
I find the best way to encourage a delivery driver to show up is to do the following.

1. Be the only one in the house.
2. Be very keen to not miss the delivery
3. Spend hours waiting
4. Visit the bathroom

Viola. Doorbell rings.

Haha. I am always hesistant with the "visit the bathroom" part though.
What if the bell rings and you can't get to the door! :D

Soldato

At least they delievered yours..

I had a delivery... £770. They delivered it to the wrong address, someone I don't know has signed for it. Flagged it up with OCUK, its been 8-9 days now, still "pending investigation".. the driver admitted he delivered it to the wrong address.

Contacted OCUK, they're still liasing with DPD over this missing parcel, no compensation.. just me out of pocket waiting for this card to turn up.

Soldato
I always find it helps if your house is the only one for miles around. Little chance of a missed delivery there. The DPD delivery driver Lee and I are on first name terms :)

Associate
I always get DPD to drop off to my local collection point which is a 10min round trip, they always arrive before 12. If I don't then I am always waiting all day :mad:

Back
Top Bottom