Unfortunate names?

Soldato
I saw the new Metropolitan Police commissioner on the One Show the other night, Cressida Dick and thought, what an unfortunate name, and that there are many people who probably get ridiculed for having ridiculous names.

I know someone called Nathalie Butt, had an art teacher at school called Barry Pratt, and just saw a gymnast on the commonwealth games called Ethan Dick which would be even more unfortunate if no one pronounced the 'h' in Ethan.

Do you know of any others?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Can think of one well two that make me chuckle.

Quinton de Kock of South Africa
David Willey of England.

Both played against each other. Willey bowling to Kock!!! Made me chuckle any way.

Caporegime
I used to work with someone called Richard Bone (Dick Bone) and his username was 'boner'

And I came across someone the other day at work called Alec Mycock...

Oh, and when I was at school there was actually a kid called Ben Dover. Like, seriously.

Soldato
OP
Absolutely true story this but when I worked at a Warners holiday centre many years ago as a musician we, the band, played a joke on the female who was hosting the evening. We gave her a little piece of paper saying that one of the holiday makers had gone missing and asked her if she could read the person's name to the audience which she did. She said over the microphone "Special announcement ladies and gentlemen, has anyone seen Mike Hunt?". Audience and the band roaring with laughter. She wasn't the brightest person and it took her a while for the penny to drop but she took it well. It was a great moment. :D

Soldato
I have seen hundreds the most prominent that springs to mind is some Asian guy can not remember his origin of country and has name was *** Yoo. Not even making that up. :eek:

Mods delete if you feel its inappropriate. ;)

Soldato
how could I forget...a co worker from many years ago by the name of Christopher Peacock.......Christopher shortens to Chris so he becomes Chris Peacock.....or crispy ****

Caporegime
In a previous job I once spoke to a German lady Mrs Kunt. Pronounced Koo-nt as she told me about 5 times in the first 2 minutes.

Also knew a Richard Head at school and someone called Jennifer Taylor.

Man of Honour
Oh, and when I was at school there was actually a kid called Ben Dover. Like, seriously.

When I was at school there was a teacher called Paul Dover (EDIT: Rumour was his brother was called Ben but I'm not 100% sure that was ever confirmed thinking back).

Gog

Gog

Associate
I had a customer called Iwona Wanke many years ago. She was Polish and pronounced the W as V.
My son-in-law who is a teacher tells me he has a student called Mokshit Patel. And a friend of mine who works at St. George’s tells me there is a student there with the name Gaydar Ramadan.

Soldato
I've got a friend and when she first said her husband's name I thought she said 'BJ' and I thought poor bloke.....later on a I found out his name is actually vejay.....some accent's can make it funny :)

Back
Top Bottom