• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unigine Heaven 4 benchmark

i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz
EVGA 980Ti SC+ @ 1500/3954

wDAIvwB.png

Locked up at 1520, i've not touched the voltage yet (just set to 100% Power Target). do i start to increase the voltage to get past 1520? (temp is 50c)

You have a very good card. My evga classified won't even hold 1500/4000 in games. I suggest testing With Firestrike monitoring core clock to make sure its not throttling back and gaming for sn hour or so. My card was stable in heaven 4 at 1520 with a slight voltage increase but crapped out in firestrike and gaming (Squad greenlight maxed in 1440p)

Finally after loads of messing around with converters, I've got a screenie of me Nano overclocked and a heaven run done:). Unfortunately no matter what I tried I couldn't get the benchie cobble stones, etc, to show in the pic.
The first pic is at stock while the second shows overclocked.

Hopefully this is the first Nano on the scoreboard.

Vcore: stock
Core: 1075mhz
Vram: 545mhz
Fan: 100%

You have a very good card. My evga classified won't even hold 1500/4000 in games. I suggest testing With Firestrike monitoring core clock to make sure its not throttling back and gaming for sn hour or so. My card was stable in heaven 4 at 1520 with a slight voltage increase but crapped out in firestrike and gaming (Squad greenlight maxed in 1440p)

Tried firestrike at the 1500 mark and it worked fine; need to do some longer tests and sessions in game i guess to see full stability.

I think i might just stick at 1500 as don't really need to go higher apart from benching i guess? :)

Tried firestrike at the 1500 mark and it worked fine; need to do some longer tests and sessions in game i guess to see full stability.

I think i might just stick at 1500 as don't really need to go higher apart from benching i guess? :)

What is the memory clocked at? I found a +500mhz (8000 effective) yields a much higher fps than a bump from 1405 core to 1500 core. Both together is obviously ideal but heat increases a lot and crashes could be related to memory overheating

Edit. Out of interest, what is you Firestrike GPU score? (Standard firestrike, not extreme)

Last edited:
What is the memory clocked at? I found a +500mhz (8000 effective) yields a much higher fps than a bump from 1405 core to 1500 core. Both together is obviously ideal but heat increases a lot and crashes could be related to memory overheating

Edit. Out of interest, what is you Firestrike GPU score? (Standard firestrike, not extreme)

Memory is at 3955 according to Nvidia Inspector. I'm +450 in Precision X.

Firestrike Result

Nice. I always seem to get the average / lemons. Pay extra for a classified and its worse than an SC, what sort of joke is that. I have already returned the first because it would throttle at 66c all the time.
Knowing a cheaper card clocks better on stock volts is just annoying.

It should be that you pay for what you get, not 'lottery'

Stand back lads, make sure you're sitting down for this one! :D

CPU & GPU - Intel x5-z8300 @ stock settings

Chuwi Hi10 tablet (yes, a Chinese-imported tablet and it survived running Heaven without crashing or bursting into flames!)

Genuinely surprised the tablet actually ran the bench, so had to post a score in the thread. Let the mocking commence...

Giving it a whirl on mine (Z8300) at the moment - had quite a bit of trouble getting it to even run on Windows 10 while my older Windows 8 tablet (Z3740) started it fine.

Finally after loads of messing around with converters, I've got a screenie of me Nano overclocked and a heaven run done:). Unfortunately no matter what I tried I couldn't get the benchie cobble stones, etc, to show in the pic.
The first pic is at stock while the second shows overclocked.

Hopefully this is the first Nano on the scoreboard.

Vcore: stock
Core: 1075mhz
Vram: 545mhz
Fan: 100%

You need to use a tga convertor to get the screenshot.

A pic over the cobblestones is needed to check the tessellation.

Try in 1280x800. The linx 7 managed a quite terrible 1.1fps. :)

Or coukd i somehow force 1080p? Might try connecting it to my tv later and running it. Itll probably take an hour to run

While I have a 1920x1200 panel on the tablet I had it hooked upto an external monitor for that run - I did do half an initial run at 1280x800 as I was having problems with getting it to run at first and it didn't make a huge difference to the performance - I suspect trying to do that level of tessellation and AA is killing it more than the resolution.

EDIT: From the first couple of scenes my Z3740 tablet runs pretty much the same numbers as well so won't bother doing a complete run on that unless anyone really wants to know how that runs - I'm guessing the system memory performance (as its used for the extra VRAM) is a big bottleneck as well and the Z3740 has faster RAM bandwidth than the Z8300 despite the Z8300 having twice the GPU performance - Heaven always was somewhat dependant on VRAM clocks as well as core.

Last edited:
Nice. I always seem to get the average / lemons. Pay extra for a classified and its worse than an SC, what sort of joke is that. I have already returned the first because it would throttle at 66c all the time.
Knowing a cheaper card clocks better on stock volts is just annoying.

It should be that you pay for what you get, not 'lottery'

I had major issues with this one to start; must have been the drivers or something; couldn't get past 1350 to start with. Now i think (learning atm) that i can't go higher because of the power limit maxing? Guess i'd need a mod bios to get past 110% ?

I had major issues with this one to start; must have been the drivers or something; couldn't get past 1350 to start with. Now i think (learning atm) that i can't go higher because of the power limit maxing? Guess i'd need a mod bios to get past 110% ?

When you get into bios modding (as I started doing last night) its gets a lot more complicated because you have to match up voltage tables with power tables and they are not explained. I tried modding my bios and it was less stable that stock settings possibly because i didnt quite get the voltage tables correct or memory voltage

A great article on overclocking the 980 Ti here

https://xdevs.com/guide/maxwell_big_oc/

DqiQuHM.png

Very impressed with my GTX 680m running a custom Bios. it's running at 1006mhz core clock and 4652mhz on the memory, at these speeds it's not much if any at all slower than my twin 660 Ti which for a laptop of this age is very impressive! obviously nothing on my 108.3fps 980 Ti score but still ;)

GQI8TIO.jpg

Here is my results running the 680m stock, I'll take that nice 40% performance increase for free :) temps rose from 68 degree on the gpu to 80 which is still acceptable and takes a while to get there and like I said with the increased volts and clock speeds this is fantastic! :D
at these speeds I've had it beat out some stock 880m benchmarks, really glad I done this BIOS mod on my 680m cleaned it out etc it's like a totally different gpu now :D

Can someone help me out here. I've got the "tga" converter software to convert the heaven score so it can posted here. Trouble is, the original score file can only be opened using "3d builder" software and no matter what I do I can't get it to open in a file format that the tga converter software will recognise.
Any ideas?
Hopefully theres a solution that even a windows numpty like me can understand

Back
Top Bottom