Poll: United States Grand Prix 2019, Austin - Race 19/21

Rate the 2019 United States Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Awesome Lewis!
And huge shock about Ferrari pace </sarcasm>
Don’t believe it’s not coincidental.

Also what’s the record for most wins in a season? 11? I believe Lewis can still beat that if so.

Soldato
Awesome Lewis!
And huge shock about Ferrari pace </sarcasm>
Don’t believe it’s not coincidental.

Also what’s the record for most wins in a season? 11? I believe Lewis can still beat that if so.
Most wins is 13 in an 18 and a 19 race seasons (72% & 68% respectively). Highest percentage win is 75% (6 of 8 races) from 1952, which is likely to go unbeaten.

He can equal the number of wins but he won't be able to beat it this season.

Associate
I actually think Ferraris pace drop off is a coincidence, i suspect they added more downforce to cope with the corners, their top speed wasn't that much lower than previous races over other teams on similar straights.

I guess we'll find out over the last 2 races.

Soldato
So so race.

Congrats to Lewis. Congrats to Bottas but its clear his glum face is because he has failed in his target. Opportunities lost and all that. I hope for his sake he can properly take the fight to Lewis next season.

Very strange and sudden drop in performance by Ferarri. Lets see what next race brings but it does look a bit suspicious on the face of it.

Associate
Very strange and sudden drop in performance by Ferarri. Lets see what next race brings but it does look a bit suspicious on the face of it.

It is odd. The only thing I don’t understand is that the new directive should impact the one lap pace (if abusing fuel flow limits somehow). The Ferrari was as usual in qualifying then dog slow in the race (which is when you wouldn’t think fuel flow limits would be a problem). Maybe the setup was just really poor, it just isn’t the effect on performance I would have expected if they were breaching rules with engine trickery.

Back
Top Bottom