Unknown Device

Associate
Hey guys, Happy New Year 2018 and apologies if I am posting something which may already been answered.

I've been running a smoothly installed system here (Windows 7 x64 Ultimate) on GIGABYTEs X99P SLi but I've noticed the other day that there's an "Unknown Device" in the Device Manager.

All drivers are up to date and installed but I am guessing there's something missing ...

Is this a bug on the specific motherboard did I forget to install something ?

Best regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hm... that's what I get ...

2018-01-12_172249.png

Man of Honour
Looks like USB host controller for a chipset the drivers have been uninstalled, or corrupted for. You may well have an Intel USB3 controller, as well as something like a Renesas USB controller. This is quite common on many boards where one controller manages one set of USB ports, and another brand's controller handles the other set.

Looking at the Gigabyte site, your board does indeed have this USB setup:

Chipset + Renesas® uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hub:

I'd recommend downloading this:
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_intel_usb3_x99.zip

Then extracting the folder to the desktop. In Device Manager, right click the affected controller then Update Driver. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software, then point the location bit to the extracted folder and let Windows search that folder. If it is the Intel driver, then Windows will find and install the missing files.

Associate
OP
Thank you @mrk for the reply. I've manage to solve the issue with link provided above. The mother (X99P - SLI) supports indeed USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 as well. The 3.1 was the Intel eXtensible one.

Back
Top Bottom