Unrecoverable HDD?

Associate
I've been working with hardware for a while but can't seem to fix it this time, chances are it's not possible or would be really expensive. Long story short:

- Old Corsair RM750i PSU died, one of its fuses blew up, nothing else to see (well, that smell...). System down without a clear cause. No electrical issues in the room/house.
- Got new PSU, EVGA Supernova 750 G3 (ok, not very relevant) and replaced both PSU and all cables, made sure everything was clean and safe and booted up. System came up, I started checking RAM, SSD and... HDD?, nope, no HDD. I turned off the computer and swapped SATA power plug with the BD drive, after that system booted (BD worked just fine) but noticed HDD wasn't actually spinning up at all. As a desperate measure I used a different (new) cable and repeated the same process. Nothing, not a single noise.

Did the PSU kill my HDD PCB?, did the HDD cause an electrical issue which killed the PSU thus protecting the other components?. I don't have the answer.

System:
ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE - i7 7700K.
EVGA Supernova 750 G3 PSU.
512GB M.2 Samsung SSD.
MSI GAMING X 1070 videocard.
LG Bluray SATA drive.
2*8GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16).

Victims:
WD 2TB Caviar Black SATA HDD.
Corsair RM750i PSU.

Anything I'm missing or any advice if I haven't missed anything?. The contents of the HDD are basically a backup of the SDD (the irony), latest MAME with all ROMs, a good deal of non I/O intensive Steam games, music/video and the setup/isos of every single piece of software and OSs I use, this is when it gets quite bad.

Soldato
Throw the old HDD buy another for £50 and redownload the software? I keep backups of my user data for everything but programs/games is what I leave out.

Back
Top Bottom