Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
OP
My wife bought us tickets to see Iron Maiden (in Aberdeen this time) on their "Legacy of the Beast" tour on Aug 4th 2018!

Having been a fan for many years and seeing them earlier this year in Glasgow for the first time I was impressed, but disappointed as they didn't cover my favourite track "Afraid to shoot Strangers".

With this being their history / hits tour I'm really looking forward to this one :)

Soldato
OP
I was looking at purchasing tickets to see either Green Day on June 24th or Guns N' Roses on the 25th June . . . .

It's the same venue (Glasgow Green) and while I'm really swaying towards GnR there's something in me that says I'd much rather remember them from back in the day if that makes sense?

I'm wondering if anyone else here has purchased tickets to see either of the above and what their thoughts are?

Soldato
OP
Il Divo postponed / cancelled their gig in Edinburgh last night until Dec 2022!

I'm guessing with the ever developing Covid situation many others may follow suit?

We have a few concerts booked already for 2022 but I'm not putting too much faith into any of them actually proceeding given our current circumstances . . . . . . .

Soldato
OP
The missus and I really want to see Hans Zimmer. From the YouTube clips I've seen it looks like it'd be a fantastic show.

It helps that he's got probably my favourite guitarist playing with him - Guthrie Govan.

If you guys get the chance I would definitely recommed buying tickets to see him. We were sat at his last concert in Manchester last year at the end when he advertised his upcoming tour for this year and Glasgow was one of the locations. We booked the tickets there and then, because we booked so early we're almost at the front which should make for an even better experience. We saw Guthrie Govan preform at the first Zimmer concert (not sure he's stil touring with him) and he really is amazing on guitar. Last year it was Yolanda Charles playing and credit where it's due she's pretty good as well. I think if you're preforming at that level with Hans Zimmer then you're going to have to be pretty good. Tina Guo is still on Cello and wearing less and less each concert we see her at. Also Holly Madge is one of the best drummers I've seen live as well.

Back on topic I've also bought tickets to see Fisher Stevens (not the Short Circuit actor) the Neil Diamond tribute act at our local theatre in Dunfermline. I've been a huge Neil Diamond fan for many years now and I've been lucky enough to see him live three times. Unfortunately with his failing health tributes are the next best thing I'm thinking . . . . .

Soldato
OP
Both James Blunt and Hans Zimmer were fantastic last weekend at the Ovo Hydro in Glasgow.

I'm hearing rumours that Mark Knopfler is planning a tour in order to promote his latest album - I would definitely be buying tickets to see him again as he was fantastic the last time we saw him play at the Playhouse in Edinburgh a few years back.

Back
Top Bottom