Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Hi there

Apologies first of all if a thread such as this already exits, but with no search function. . . . . . . . .

Just wondering if anyone had any upcoming concerts they're looking forward to attending?

I'll start the ball rolling myself as we're off to see Marilyn Manson in Glasgow on Dec 8th - he's even got special guest Turbonegro <<-- never heard of em :p

Soldato
OP
VonClinkerhofen said:
Richard Hawley - Gateshead Sage 17th Sept
Amy Winehouse - Newcastle Academy Nov (with the missus!!! :rolleyes: )
hopefully Iceland Airwaves in Oct for 3/4 days

been a quiet year gigwise, would prob go to a lot more if I didn't work shifts Mon-Fri

That was my excuse for having to watch Wet Wet Wet a few years ago ;)

Soldato
OP
Woo Hooo - Manson Tickets arrived today :cool:

dmpoole said:
This monday (Aug 27th) and go and see the greatest live band in the world - STATUS QUO.

You may scoff but these guys are so pro it hurts.
Granted, they've wrote crap since 1975 and lost it when the dire Rockin All Over the World was released but live they are still awesome.

You'd get on well my my best mate irl - he's a huge Que fan and has been trying to drag me to one of their concerts for nearly ten years now (so far i've managed to avoid it ;) )

Phoenix211 said:
sugarbabes on sat. I kid you not.

Your going with the wife / g/f - right?

Soldato
OP
Now Mark Knopfler would be great to see. Anymore details bud ?

Just what I was gonna ask :D

New album out soon, a tour of capital cities has been confirmed. This is one man I have to see before he retires - he still plays as well as in his earlier days judging from videos, just without the sweatband :D

It says "dates announced soon" on his site.

Now that would be one concert I'd love to go to, Brothers in Arms would be fantastic to hear live :cool:

Soldato
OP
Ah bloody hell. You seem to have brilliant taste in music; I saw Circa at the Camden Barfly on Monday night! I managed to get a picture with Anthony Green; what an amazing voice he has. Glad to see a fan of them on the board. :)

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while, but to all those who inquired about a Mark Knopfler gig, it's in May and it's his "Kill To Get Crimson" tour.

Thanks for the update Zebede - I've now ordered tickets to see Mr Knopfler at the Edinburgh Playhouse in May 08' :cool:

Should be a really good night :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
YEP! I'm going to the one at the Birmingham NEC. Got seats 3 rows from the front in the front-middle block :)

see Daves have taste :p

Our seats are about 5 rows back ya jammy git ;)

triggerpic.jpg

Alright Dave
S_THUM_112.gif

Soldato
OP
Hi there

Apologies first of all if a thread such as this already exits, but with no search function. . . . . . . . .

Just wondering if anyone had any upcoming concerts they're looking forward to attending?

I'll start the ball rolling myself as we're off to see Marilyn Manson in Glasgow on Dec 8th - he's even got special guest Turbonegro <<-- never heard of em :p

Well I survived the concert in Glasgow :p

The support band were pretty good and really got the fans going well - the show itself was really good, though we did have to wait ages before he came on stage and launched into Disposable Teens which really got the crowd going. All in all it was a good night, drink free as well - call me mean but i refuse to spend £3.00 on a pint of Carling :eek:

Next on the list to see is Mark Knopfler - should be awesome :cool:

Soldato
OP
Me and Sonea Fifer just back from mark knopfler was freakin awesome :D

Yeah it was a brilliant night - he played quite a few of his new tracks along with quite a few oldies as well.

Telegraph Road, Romeo & Juliet and Brothers in Arms were all fantastic to see live. Here a pic taken just after Going Home from Local Hero:

knopfler.jpg

Pic courtesy of DAvE18 & Scott

Neil Diamond then Def Leppard next though :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Made it out of Glasgow back to Fife - Got soaked through - got ripped off (at the pub) - got lost (twice) - but not even the thunder and lightning and torrential rain was enough to dampen the spirits at the Neil Diamond concert at Hampden last night:)

Roll on the 17th when its Def Leppard / Whitesnake time :cool:

Also, after many years of ripping my mate i've finally relented and said I'll go see Status Que with him in December - what have i let myself in for? :p

Soldato
OP
Another thread revival :p

Booked tickets today to go and see Marilyn Manson on Dec 15 at the O2 Academy in Glasgow :D

He's supported by Esoterica (never heard of them) though last time I saw Mr Manson at the SECC two years ago it was a really good concert :)

I'm also trying to book tickets for Mark Knopfler next May at the SECC - should be another good night :D

Back
Top Bottom