Upcoming Firefox 57 ("Quantum") is twice as fast as Firefox 52

Caporegime
I thought this could read .pdf, but all i can do is save them, on my Windows 7 rig, i just clicked on em, and they'd just open up in a new tab for me to view, print etc..., but on my Windows 10 rig, all i can do, is download them, and then when i go to open them, and select Firefox to view em, i just get the saving box again, only thing i can use to view em, and print em etc..., is bloody Edge :confused:

Soldato
I thought this could read .pdf, but all i can do is save them, on my Windows 7 rig, i just clicked on em, and they'd just open up in a new tab for me to view, print etc..., but on my Windows 10 rig, all i can do, is download them, and then when i go to open them, and select Firefox to view em, i just get the saving box again, only thing i can use to view em, and print em etc..., is bloody Edge :confused:

It does. Presumably Edge sets itself as the system default PDF reader, and Firefox respects that setting and sends the PDF to Edge. Change the settings on the system, or the application settings in FF, and that should sort it. You know what the Microsoft apps are like, always taking any opportunity to try and make itself the default application for stuff.

Caporegime
It does. Presumably Edge sets itself as the system default PDF reader, and Firefox respects that setting and sends the PDF to Edge. Change the settings on the system, or the application settings in FF, and that should sort it. You know what the Microsoft apps are like, always taking any opportunity to try and make itself the default application for stuff.

Thanks, sorted :)

Had to change it to Preview In Firefox, in the Firefox Options.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Picture in picture is the most amazing thing ever. Now I can watch youtube videos without having to drag the tab to a new window when I want to watch and browse other stuff :cool:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I was just gonna post the opposite. I honestly dont see a use case for it. I mean yo have to keep the page open for one, so what benefit does it have over just resizing the current page with the embedded video?

You only have to keep the tab open. You can then open any other tabs and do whatever else whilst the PIP window plays at whatever size you want. It applies to any video too including Instagram, a network where you can't normally resize videos to make them bigger,, but this allows it.

Soldato
I've tried to love Firefox on several occasions, but I've always ended up back with Chrome. I think the primary reason is that the sync feature seems to work much better. Now I come to think about it I don't use my saved bookmarks so I wouldn't mind starting from scratch again.

What I am most interested in is features that only Firefox has. I do use the developer version for doing web dev stuff, but apart from that, I have no experience with Firefox since it was back in version 3 or something.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What sync issues did you experience? Firefox Lockwise is a major addition of the old sync system for devices and I use FF on all my devices with zero issues syncing both settings, addons, tabs and logong.

Soldato
I've tried to use the PIP functionality, but see no benefit than just resizing the window the video is playing in already.

I thought I found something that it did that was better when I tried to open a second PIP video but you can only have one open at any time. So meh... it offers nothing over than just resizing the page the video is already playing in.

IMHO it's useless functionality nobody needed nor ask for.

Soldato
Permabanned
Gah, tabs-on-bottom (well, the bottom of the top) custom .css broke yet again. Been probably 10+ times an update has broken it and I had to fiddle about or google a bit to get my ol' tabs-on-bottom that I just can't live without :p

Soldato
Unexpectedly using PiP more often than I thought. Yes you can resize the page but this PiP is borderless so it doesn't really get in the way. So far it has worked on every site without issue.

Back
Top Bottom