Upgrade bookshelf to floor standers or get a SUB (for music)

Soldato
Current setup is 5.0.

Monitor Audio Bronze 2, two front, two rear and one Monitor Audio Bronze center.

Just got back into music and feel something is missing.

Do I upgrade the fronts to floor standers or get a sub?

For a sub, was looking at the SVS SB1000 PRO.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd get the £500 sub. Then buy a second.

Two cheap subs will help flatten response but if they don't go low won't give you that low end grunt. If you want floorstanders I'd recommend spending a bit of money on them. low end floorstanders aren't great tbh, as too much compromise in them for the cost.

SB1000 is fine for music but if you want split your roof joists, it won't do that.

Soldato
OP
I'd get the £500 sub. Then buy a second.

Two cheap subs will help flatten response but if they don't go low won't give you that low end grunt. If you want floorstanders I'd recommend spending a bit of money on them. low end floorstanders aren't great tbh, as too much compromise in them for the cost.

SB1000 is fine for music but if you want split your roof joists, it won't do that.
Was looking at the BK Elec P12-300SB as well.

Soldato
OP
Using a streamer is just a better experience than a PC. I don't know how decent the plex music database system is compared to LMS.

Try installing LMS on your PC
I like the Plex UI, across multiple devices.

If you manage you library and tag your files correctly (I use Music Brainz Piccard) it is almost perfect. You get out what you put in.

Soldato
I like the Plex UI, across multiple devices.

If you manage you library and tag your files correctly (I use Music Brainz Piccard) it is almost perfect. You get out what you put in.

Mine is. Use material skin app, with material skin plugin, album/artist downloader so it downloads artist info, seperate branch for artist album and all artists, groups classical composers/albums together, fast navigation, multi room etc

Soldato

Don't have hassle of background OS etc

PC is fine for additional source but primary use? Nah. Just get a audio streamer in each room, connect to wifi/wireless, access the LMS server, done.

Back
Top Bottom