• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade from 3080 to 7900xt/x worth it?

I’ve got this one it’s built like a brick outhouse and the cooler is quality. The led light bar is the icing on the cake.
Yeah it's the one I want. We'll see if there no more movement on price and it's still available at the end of the weekend then I'll likely pull the trigger.

Just wish there was a bit more clarity about the next gen... :cry:

Yeah it's the one I want. We'll see if there no more movement on price and it's still available at the end of the weekend then I'll likely pull the trigger.

Just wish there was a bit more clarity about the next gen... :cry:
That’s the problem there is is always something else coming later. Have a look at the 7900xtx forum we are a friendly bunch and once you are happy with the card you can give it a cheeky under volt and do some tuning if you like. The new frame gen driver update works really well.

That’s the problem there is is always something else coming later. Have a look at the 7900xtx forum we are a friendly bunch and once you are happy with the card you can give it a cheeky under volt and do some tuning if you like. The new frame gen driver update works really well.
As you appear in the know, could you get away with an 850w psu with the nitro?

As you appear in the know, could you get away with an 850w psu with the nitro?
Yes you can. However this card can be greedy. You will need 3 pcie power cables from your power supply to the card. Untamed they can slurp 460 watts of power. However they can easily been tamed with very easy tuning. There is also an under clock profile. Even with a quite aggressive under clock they don’t loose much performance. Make sure you have a will ventilated case and it’s all good. As an example on assassins creed Valhalla I capped the max frequency to 2000mhz and power was negative-15 and I was still getting 100fps at 3840x1600

Back
Top Bottom