• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade from 3080 to a 4080 Super or wait for 5 series cards ?

You're all keen on waiting :) was there an estimate or rumour for the release date of the 5xxx series?

I'm getting a brand new rig, don't really want to wait too long after Christmas, good news is I've skipped one or two generations of gfx cards, I'm coming from a gtx980(!) - Doom & Far Cry 6 still looked okay on it :)

Just putting a new pc together myself so trying to decide what to do, buy a 4090 or 4080 super or plonk the 6800 in that I have and wait it out
6800 is a really good card, does 1440p pretty well and can handle 4K at a push (especially with upscaling). It'll last a few years until hopefully there's a better value upgrade.

6800 and wait unless you have a need for 4k immediately?
6800 is a really good card, does 1440p pretty well and can handle 4K at a push (especially with upscaling). It'll last a few years until hopefully there's a better value upgrade.
Only thing is at the mo I have a gift card for £650 given to me from work, I can also get 15% off from this store so I would only need to fork out 800 for a 4090 and 300 for a 4080, I game at 4k and also play vr

Only thing is at the mo I have a gift card for £650 given to me from work, I can also get 15% off from this store so I would only need to fork out 800 for a 4090 and 300 for a 4080, I game at 4k and also play vr
I'd get the 4080 Super then :) £300 is not bad for a card nearly twice as fast (game and settings dependent ofc).

If you sell your card and buy a used 4080, that would be ok. It's what I'm contemplating now.

Got my 3090ti up for sale on Facebook. It's on for top money, if it doesn't sell, I'm not bothered. If it does, I'm off to buy something a little newer

I sold a vega 56 on there, within minutes of putting it on it was sold.
Actually I've done well on fb I've even sold stuff that I thought was fit for the tip

You do get a lot of people offering you 50% of what your selling it for a lot of of the time.

I tell them they can have it for even less to do there head in :D

Back
Top Bottom