Upgrade what I have or start fresh ?

Soldato
Soldato
Which of the motherboards should I go for ? Will be using the Ryzen 7 1700cpu.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £163.44 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Myself and others tend to quote Gigabyte Gaming 3 or the Strix (ATX)
Both boards known to work well and a lot of us have them .
Gigabyte has the far better rep support and UK RMA on here which sways a lot over

Associate
OP
Not having a lot of luck with the build,

Case a couple of small chips on top, not sending it back to much hassle.

Power supply doesn’t fit very well because of the fins on it. It’s mounted upside down so the fins are touching case and slightly raising the power supply which means the fixing holes don’t line up, sent it back and gone for the one you recommend.

CPU won’t fit in the new case too big.

All part of the learning curve lol.

Soldato
Not having a lot of luck with the build,

Case a couple of small chips on top, not sending it back to much hassle.

Power supply doesn’t fit very well because of the fins on it. It’s mounted upside down so the fins are touching case and slightly raising the power supply which means the fixing holes don’t line up, sent it back and gone for the one you recommend.

CPU won’t fit in the new case too big.

All part of the learning curve lol.

Did send the case back if it's not looking the part.
:( Shame about the PSU unit - heading bequiet starting to aim their PSU units for their own cases :/
Funny, max height or cooler is 160mm and that coolermaster should be 159... Unless their amd mounting kit adds height..

Soldato
Already sent the power supply back. Might drop them an email about the case would t mind if the marks were in the back.

Send snaps away mate. It's not like In win to ship a dodgie case .
It's still a lot of money for something that sits with you for long periods and a long time . If you buy B Grade like I did you understand it but not brand new

Associate
OP
Dropped them an email, see what they say.

I haven't tried the cooler in the new case but I have it mounted in my avp vision and its almost touching the side, the 301 is thinner so may not fit ?

Associate
OP
Got my replacement case :)

Power supply fitted and put my old board in for now and the cooler does fit. All up and running, just need the processor and memory and I can fit the new board.

Soldato
Got my replacement case :)

Power supply fitted and put my old board in for now and the cooler does fit. All up and running, just need the processor and memory and I can fit the new board.

On sale

Total: £464.67 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Soldato
Associate
OP
Looking for suggestions for cooling in the In-Win 301. I will be using the stock cooler or my Hyper 212 until I can get a nzxt 240mm AIO.

Should I use two fans on the bottom of the case or the nzxt AIO ?

Or put the AIO up front and use two fans on the bottom ?

I do want a fan at the rear, what should I go for ? Looking at maybe the nzxt RGB120mm.

I do want to keep with the red and black theme.

Soldato
You'd out the AIO at the front , if it clashes with GPU length then you mount to bottom .
A fan or dual fans at the bottom and single rear exit :)

Rear fan being RGB would be a nice touch, mATX board doesn't have RGB header so you'd use Nzxt hardware via usb3 to control it, maybe led strip to , CAM has to be installed with the Kraken so makes sense

The sexy option !

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nzxt-aer-rgb120-dual-120mm-fan-with-hue-controller-fg-02b-nx.html

Move stock Kraken fans to the bottom as IN TAKE
You then attach one AER to the rear as Exhaust so you'll see the fancy RGB !
Then you'd attach to the 2 other fans to the AIO but have the RGB side facing inside the case- the AIO will be EXHAUSTing

Then you get fancy lighting

Soldato
So I'd need this lot ?

Total: £235.79 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Pretty much , now the cooling set up that way isn't the best, due to pushing the air out rather then sucking in cold air , but it will look damn nice !
Could could mount those fans as intake but you'd only just see the sides of the RGB

Back
Top Bottom