• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading to Ryzen 3700x but sacrificing dual channel memory.

Associate
I've purchased a 3700x off Ebay spares or repairs. From looking at the pictures it looked like it just had some bent pins. I thought it was worth bidding on, but I got carried away and paid a bit too much for it.

After receiving the cpu I nocited it had a missing pin and damaged on one end like pcb is to separate. This was very hard to see on the ebay pictures, it looks like it's been dropped.

The cpu does work but only one ram slot works on my motherboard (only have two)

My question is. Is it worth using this cpu as a upgrade from a 1800x but lose dual channel memory support?

I'm think of buying a single stick of 16GB DDR4 and selling my 1800x and two 8GB sticks to try and recoup some of my losses.

Many thanks for any advice. Harry.

Associate
OP
open

its pretty far gone. makes me wonder how its working at all given that picture.

Associate
You could ask for a refund and ebay will decide in your favour. If you want more info just ask and I will elaborate, you might think that something sold as "for parts or not working" means you can't get a refund but you can, it doesn't seem right I know but I got stung like that recently.

Associate
You could ask for a refund and ebay will decide in your favour. If you want more info just ask and I will elaborate, you might think that something sold as "for parts or not working" means you can't get a refund but you can, it doesn't seem right I know but I got stung like that recently.

I agree, unless the seller told you a repair had been attempted (which obviously it has) and was unsuccessful then i would get refunded .

Soldato
I've purchased a 3700x off Ebay spares or repairs. From looking at the pictures it looked like it just had some bent pins. I thought it was worth bidding on, but I got carried away and paid a bit too much for it.

After receiving the cpu I nocited it had a missing pin and damaged on one end like pcb is to separate. This was very hard to see on the ebay pictures, it looks like it's been dropped.

The cpu does work but only one ram slot works on my motherboard (only have two)

My question is. Is it worth using this cpu as a upgrade from a 1800x but lose dual channel memory support?

I'm think of buying a single stick of 16GB DDR4 and selling my 1800x and two 8GB sticks to try and recoup some of my losses.

Many thanks for any advice. Harry.

If you payed something like £100 for the cpu and it works and dual channel work then i would just sell you current cpu and put the money towards a MSI tomahawk or something like that. I just don't see the point of sending it back as long as it works perfectly. You wont get much resale value.

is there anyway you can test the cpu in another board and see if you get dual channel?

But if you do want to send it back then you can, you have a good case of item not as described even though you knew it was faulty. The damage was not as described if you know what i mean. Ebay will side with you as you have clearly said the picture he put up and the condition in which the item arrived in are different.

Soldato
Surely as its advertised as spares repairs there is no recourse?

Sure, if the CPU hadn't already been totally destroyed by someone using what looks like a blowtorch to solder the components. In this situation I'd say you're well within your rights to request a refund.

G J

G J

Associate
Wow if thats the original listing why did you even entertain bidding on it? Two lazy/blurry pictures with a two line desciption.

Send it back, he must know hes trying it on. Can't wait for no returns defence, you did the repair yourself and whatever forum he ends up ranting on about how ebay buyers suck.

Oh he has a monitor for sale which has a mark on the top right again which you cant see as hes taken a blurry poor quality photo in the dark. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom