US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50979463

Why does the US always pull **** like this? They're like a ******** toddler with a box of ******* matches. So, what do you think will happen now, will the Iranians carry out their threats to shut the Straits of Hormuz? Will they actually go after US naval vessels in the gulf like they've also threatened to do in the past or will it be terrorist attacks on US targets around the world?

Personally, due to the nature of who they've just assassinated, I can see this escalating very quickly into something rather nasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
I love how Pompeo says it will lead to a deescalation.

That's because he's like the rest of his ilk in the US government, they're just a bunch of thick sods who act without giving a single thought of the consequences or the fallout due to their actions. It's like they all have ADHD or something.

Soldato
OP
Well the 9/11 alone is thousands

Pretty sure that was more of a Saudi Arabian attack rather than Iranian. But hey, can't go around accusing the biggest supporter and funder of terrorism on the planet of supporting and funding terrorists now can we? Well, not whilst they have the keys to all that oil any way.

Soldato
OP
I honestly believe if Iran retaliates right now he will authorise a barrage of cruise missile attacks like against Syria aimed at Iranian targets. None the less he wants eyes looking outward and not at the domestic goings on right now.

Just hope the Russians are out doing their usual bombing of hospitals and strafing of ambulances at the time. Wouldn't want scores of dead Russia troops all over the news too.

Soldato
OP
Iran doesn't seem to be having a very good day - 5.0 magnitude earthquake just now in the eastern part of the country and a Boeing 737 crashed shortly after take off.

In before the tin foil hat brigade rock up with theories about HAARP and other such conspiratorial crap.
Agencies are reporting they accidentally shot it down.
Which agencies are those? Got a link?

Soldato
OP
Who the **** changed my thread title, and why? It was factually correct and broke no rules. Or are the rules on here now just made up by whichever moderator is on duty at the time?

Back
Top Bottom