US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Caporegime
Good move, bad timing.

This

Timing suits Trump more than anything tbh...

Also Iran will always rant, they threaten stuff all the time - this time though they know full well there will be serious reactions to anything they try.

It is about time the West stopped fannying about with them - all these proxy attacks etc... then no retaliation. Proxy attacks are attacks and deserve a response - they actually got a response this time and they now need to think carefully.

Caporegime
This

Timing suits Trump more than anything tbh...

Also Iran will always rant, they threaten stuff all the time - this time though they know full well there will be serious reactions to anything they try.

It is about time the West stopped fannying about with them - all these proxy attacks etc... then no retaliation. Proxy attacks are attacks and deserve a response - they actually got a response this time and they now need to think carefully.

Largely how I looked at it. Sends a massive statement. The US will openly attack high ranking military targets, wherever they want, whenever they want. Seemingly without fear of reprisal.
I imagine it's made a few people reassess a strategy or two.

Soldato
Thousands of Americans?

That number was quickly reduced to hundreds in Trump's press conference.

I wonder what the real number is.

Then compare that number to what will happen if this thing escalates.

The WMD BS led to how many American and Iraqi deaths? How many people around the world has it radicalised?
Well the 9/11 alone is thousands, then there is the serving military personnel deaths, the direct attack of a US embassy (act of war in itself), let alone the Iraq/Iran/Israeli/other deaths either directly or by funding for proxy attacks.

Soldato
Largely how I looked at it. Sends a massive statement. The US will openly attack high ranking military targets, wherever they want, whenever they want. Seemingly without fear of reprisal.
This was my take on it also, 2002 AUMF gives Trump the authority required for the strike, the Embassy attacks alone is enough justification anyway.

Soldato
OP
Well the 9/11 alone is thousands

Pretty sure that was more of a Saudi Arabian attack rather than Iranian. But hey, can't go around accusing the biggest supporter and funder of terrorism on the planet of supporting and funding terrorists now can we? Well, not whilst they have the keys to all that oil any way.

Soldato
Well the 9/11 alone is thousands, then there is the serving military personnel deaths, the direct attack of a US embassy (act of war in itself), let alone the Iraq/Iran/Israeli/other deaths either directly or by funding for proxy attacks.

So this guy was responsible for 9/11?

Also direct attack on the US Embassy in Iraq? There were hundreds of civilians who stormed it because the US is so hated in Iraq. I didn't see any Iranian soldiers in the photos. Iraq has declared 3 days of national mourning for this guy. I don't think you understand what is happening here.

Again, where is he responsible for thousands of american deaths?

If you listened to Trump's press conference he says "hundreds". Even that isn't credible.

You sound very gullible.

Here is the tweet to remind you

Here is the press conference given by Trump:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?467859-1/president-trump-speaks-air-strike-killed-iranian-commander

from the transcript:

For years, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and its ruthless Quds force, under Suleimani's leadership, has targeted, injured and murdered hundreds of American civilians and servicemen. The recent attacks on U.S. targets in Iraq, including rocket strikes that killed an American and injured four American servicemen very badly, as well as a violent assault on our embassy in Baghdad, were carried out at the direction of Suleimani.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sounds like we’ve sent our fleet to the gulf.

Are they able to operate in warm water yet? or are we going to embarrass ourselves?

Well that was obvious, Soleimani was just too cocky, they won't be making that mistake again. If anything, it's probably made the US's job more difficult, assuming Iran has made enough inroads to prominent Iraqi allies (and others, but Iraq seems to be their focus) to counter the loss of such an leading personality.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's a single mosque (one literally opened by Iranian clergy, so even less surprising), for one, not that I agree with it, but they have freedom of speech surely? Opening the can of worms on what religious institutes can be charities or not is surely unwise.

Back
Top Bottom