Using cable ties when installing psu

Associate
Is it necessary? Will velcro ones do or not ? I wouldn't like to cable tie anything as it would be very difficult to take them off if I needed

Man of Honour
I've used all sorts, tie wraps, twist ties, Velcro. Velcro is by far the best IMO.

Simply a nicety and not at all necessary, especially if your case already has good cable management features such as clips/tucking areas etc.

Associate
I've used all sorts, tie wraps, twist ties, Velcro. Velcro is by far the best IMO.

Simply a nicety and not at all necessary, especially if your case already has good cable management features such as clips/tucking areas etc.

Yup the Velcro cables ties aren't necessary but it may makes things neater and you can use other stuff built into the case to help organise. Use whatever makes sense to you is my advice.

Soldato
Depends on the case and cable length you have to work with, if tying things down helps keep things tidier then it can be worth it. If the case has good cable routing and things are tidy enough without, then there's no pressure to do it.

I tend to favour velcro straps where possible, don't have to faff about snipping cable ties off anytime something needs rerouting, but it's not really the end of the world if cable ties are the only option.

Soldato
I use lots of cable ties. Using side cutters they’re really easy to remove when you need to move things. Velcro certainly has it’s place but you can’t bundle wires together quite as tightly with it.

Back
Top Bottom